Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Team
Our vision for HR Ops + Total Rewards at Thumbtack is to support our team members by providing competitive compensation and benefits programs and creating a great employee experience by developing, administering and effectively communicating programs and practices that create a great employee experience for our team members.
About the Role
We are looking for an innovative, smart and hard-working team member who shares our passion for supporting our growing organization, providing the most competitive total rewards programs and creating an amazing employment experience for Thumbtack team members. The Total Rewards Analyst will be responsible for the design and administration of our benefit programs including health and welfare plans, 401k, worker’s compensation, benefits renewal and plan design review, benefits compliance as well as the coordination of benefits enrollment, vendor management, benefits orientation and assistance with employee questions and issues. This role will also support compensation programs, processes and initiatives which include compensation planning and market analysis, salary and compensation structure analysis and development, as well as developing total rewards metrics, reports, and tools to inform total rewards program decisions.
- Responsible for the administration and development of our health and welfare plans, wellness programs, 401k and worker’s compensation program
- Lead various benefits projects such as open enrollment, annual renewal, wellness initiatives, communications and training.
- Provide analytical support with the design of the company’s benefits and welfare programs, wellness programs and 401k program by analyzing current benefits costs and usage and leveraging internal and market competitive trends to develop benefits plans and programs.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing including benefits enrollments and changes, COBRA, leave administration, and 401k transactions including rollovers and testing.
- Drive compliance, audit and reconciliation activities in partnership with internal teams and external vendors, including the ACA and San Francisco Health Care Ordinance
- Responsible for leading the reconciliation of monthly benefits invoices, premiums statements, reporting and reconciliation for all group insurance policies
- Develop benefit communication materials and trainings for new and ongoing programs
- Oversee the maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain and administer benefits information in the HRIS system
- Serve as primary contact for employees, plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Provide analytical and general support for a wide range of compensation projects and programs including compensation planning, market analysis, job evaluation, and compensation structure development, modeling and design
- Perform or assist with compliance tasks and record keeping including but not limited to local ordinances, Federal and State Labor Law postings, communication and documentation requirements, Discrimination Testing, legal requirements and government reporting regulations, and benefit plan audit and compliance; Monitor compensation practices and ensure compliance with laws and regulations such as FLSA, Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Americans with Disability Act, etc. and local requirements
- Create dashboards and reports and translate people metrics to provide insights that drive organizational effectiveness
- Participate in total rewards surveys to collect and analyze competitive information to determine company's competitive position
- Work closely with HR Operations and Total Rewards team and broader People team to implement specific HR processes and transactions
Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree, MBA, CCP, CEBS, CBP or SHRM Certification a plus (Human Resources, Business, or related field) but not required
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of demonstrated human resources experience with a strong emphasis on Benefits and Compensation
- Knowledge of Human Resources compliance and labor laws (FMLA, PDL, ERISA, FLSA, PPACA, CFRA, HIPAA, FLSA, Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Americans with Disability Act, etc.)
- Strong analytical rigor with ability to create meaningful, understandable models, reports, analytics, dashboards (headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics) and clearly communicating insights and recommendations using data
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Fluency in SQL, MS Access, Tableau, and/or other statistical and data visualization software desired but not required
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with a sense of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of integrity and honesty; demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
Startup or high tech industry experience preferred, not required
- Broad knowledge base in some areas of HR to understand what programs and processes work best for employees.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.