We're looking for a driven and results-oriented Total Rewards Manager to join our growing People Operations Team. Reporting to the VP of People Ops, the ideal candidate will proactively support our fast-paced, people-oriented culture at Techstars through management in areas of compensation, benefits, HR systems, HR compliance and reporting. The Total Rewards Manager will play an integral role in developing and implementing the HR infrastructure that drives our ability to attract and retain the best talent all over the globe.
He/she will be responsible for the support and design of our compensation and benefits programs, as well as the operational functions of HR, such as ensuring HRIS integrity, compliance and policy management, immigration and infrastructure planning for global scale. He/she will be a key point of contact for our talented staff of 150+ in more than 10 countries and will closely manage and evaluate our supporting vendors.
- Manage all HR Systems and continue to evaluate, analyze, design, and maintain company Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Continually evaluate reporting needs.
- Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Direct all Federal, state, and local compliance, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs, including ERISA. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, prepare discrimination testing, and oversee annual plan audits.
- Work closely with VP of People Ops to manage HR and Compensation policies, infrastructure, and processes to support the Techstars’ culture
- Collaborate with vendors and key internal stakeholders to facilitate meetings, recommend solutions, and manage decision items for compensation, benefits and compliance.
- Manage processes related to compensation and benefits design/administration, HR systems, contractor management, compliance, reporting, visa administration, and overall HR process.
- Partner with People Ops leadership to support employee needs, and bring solutions through use of data, technology, or compensation/benefit programs.
- Partner with Finance department to manage and improve HRIS and Payroll workflows and capitalize on HR data to analyze, forecast, and report on employee related expenses.
- Establish and/or strengthen relationships with key HR vendors to maximize value for the services they provide.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operational HR role; ideal candidate will have deep expertise in compensation, benefits design, employment compliance, HR systems and reporting
- Strong analytical and data management skills with knack for telling a story using data and trends
- Quick learner with proficiency in all Google apps and a well-developed understanding of HR systems, including Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS (currently Namely)
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and thrive in fast-paced environments, tempered by an appreciation of complexity and risk
- Excel in demonstrating sound judgment when working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve and communicate observations and recommendations
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience (PHR or SPHR is strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with HR compliance issues- federal/state/local employment law, policies and procedures (i.e. EEO/AA, ERISA, ACA, ADA, etc.)
- Interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, or venture capital
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Top-tier and multi-choice health insurance plans with generous employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Professional Development Stipend
- Deep exposure to Techstars’ network of 5000+ top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market wherever they choose to live. With dozens of mentorship-driven accelerator programs and thousands of community programs worldwide, Techstars exists to support the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to IPO.
Techstars provides access to tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, allowing entrepreneurs to accelerate the pace of innovation and do more faster. Techstars supports every stage of the entrepreneurial journey – from early stage grassroots community development to more formal opportunities that provide education, experience, acceleration, funding, and beyond.
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.