Work with us
At Photobox group, we’re here to help turn photos - from the everyday quick snap to the precious, once-in-a-lifetime event - into the most thoughtful gifts.
We need people who thrive on delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We’re always looking for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and delight customers.
We’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We work nimbly and react quickly to changing circumstances. We believe in working together to solve problems, learn new things and share knowledge.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, and now want to turn that experience into something different and exciting. In return we’ll invest all we can in helping you thrive in our family of brands.
We are looking for a Trading and Category Director to shape the future of our commercial strategy. You’ll be the commercial leader for the Photobox brand and play the lead role in pulling the customer vision together combining your trading teams and our product and marketing functions.
You'll have extensive commercial experience within the E commerce sector and an established track record in defining customer centric commercial strategies that generate benefits for both our customers and our business.
You'll be a great team player with a proven ability to lead multiple teams to an aligned customer vision.
What You’ll Be Doing
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & MEASURES:
- Accountable for the commercial performance for the Photobox brand across all of its markets measured against the company's goals and budgetary KPI’s .
- Working cross functionally to align our customer messaging and product offer with our 3 year customer vision.
- Defining the role that trading plays in delivering the Photobox customer mission, through creation of ongoing strategic plans covering pricing, promotions, product range and merchandising.
- Direct responsibility for the Trading, Merchandising, Partnerships and B2B sales teams performance and development.
- Responsible for overall delivery of Photobox financial performance.
- Defining the commercial and trading objectives for the Photobox annual plan.
- Working with analytics and BI stakeholders to complete category analytics to shape our forward planning.
- Work with production and manufacturing to build bottom up budgetary plans.
- Sharing trading insights and best practices across Photobox group brands.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong commercial background with 5+ years experience in a commercial leadership role.
- A background in ecommerce retail, within a fast paced and analytical environment.
- Understanding of digital product development across all ecommerce platforms (app, desktop).
- Results orientated with a proven track record of owning delivery of financial KPIs as part of a commercial organisation.
- Experience in managing direct teams and influencing across a matrix organisation (including leading cross-functional project teams).
- Experience in managing projects to completion and review.
- An strong communicator in both written and presentation forms
- Evidenced successful senior stakeholder management experience up to Board level –comfortable presenting, rationalising decisions and positively influencing strategic business decisions
- The ability to strike a balance between thinking big picture and diving deep into the details: you are a thinker and a doer.
On top of a competitive salary we also offer a great benefits package too, including:
- Yearly bonus
- Working in our spacious offices in the heart of Farringdon (when we're back)
- Work from home, flexible hours and maternity and paternity pay to support parent
- Access to our learning platform
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office (when we're back)
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office (when we're back)
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Games in the office, including table tennis and table football (when we're back)
- Credit to spend each year on Photobox
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing each year up to 30
About Photobox Group
Did you know we’re Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products? Our family of brands – Photobox, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.