At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
There are Wild Pants Wednesdays…you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
Phoenix, AZ (Headquarters)
This position designs, develops, administers, and evaluates training programs in connection with Phoenix Advocate goals. Evaluates existing training programs, and works to develop new programs, and prepares instructional materials. Coordinates projects assigned by management and ensures project completion by target deadlines.
- Conducts the full scope of activities required to deliver new employee orientation and on-going training for Advocate personnel. On-going training classes include soft skills training (leadership, customer communication, sales, and driving directional benefit) process training, and product training. Audience is comprised of employees and supervisors.
- Ensures all class objectives are achieved and learning curve performance metrics are achieved according to pre-defined plan.
- May design and develop training materials and curriculum. Recommends additional learning materials as appropriate.
- Conducts evaluations and develops new programs to address individual, departmental, or company needs. Researches and develops program content to achieve specific objectives for each program. Coordinates with quality assurance and other internal departments to identify new training needs and/or changes to existing training curriculum.
- Adapts existing programs to suit various audiences.
- Reviews and updates policy and procedure manuals.
- Assesses employee training needs and provides feedback to management.
- Maintains internal department and external class training records.
- May work with vendors to bring in external training courses.
- Coordinates all assigned projects, ensures projects are completed by target deadlines, and provides project status updates to management
• Develops & Facilitates Learning materials & training plans for all Phoenix Customer Advocates.
• Consistently observes and supports Company culture, policies and procedures.
• Assists in maintaining high level of employee morale by exhibiting a positive disposition and interacting in an ethical manner.
• Facilitates well organized, professional training sessions.
• Maintains Advocate resource systems with updated contract policies and procedures.
• Represents Company in a respectful and professional manner during all workforce interactions.
• Maintains trainee performance data & escalates as necessary.
• Identifies skill gaps during and/or after training classes; help develop training material to address skill gap.
• Creates computer based training (CBT) material using new workforce systems.
• Assists in loading, & maintaining updated trainee and learning content in Learning Content Management System – (yet to be created).
• This is a full time, benefited position.
• Scheduling needs are primarily within Monday through Friday, 8:00am through 6:00pm. Scheduling flexibility needed to assist with occasional early morning evening training sessions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ successful experience in a training environment within a start-up strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred.
• Flexible to travel when necessary and work required hours to build a successful training program.
• Excellent computer skills required. Plus, experience with ecommerce technology, Adobe Captivate, Learning Management Systems & WebEx meeting center is strongly preferred (NOT REQUIRED).
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Must have strong organization skills, a solid work ethic, and a positive disposition.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.