The Linehaul (Transport) team serves an important function within our business operations, transporting parcels efficiently from our warehouse to stations across Thailand, and into the hands of our drivers for delivery. In doing so, you will manage a team of in-house drivers, as well as external vendors/3PLs to achieve cost and speed considerations.
As such, you will be an analytical and strategic thinker, able to assess the implications of operational decisions on business health, yet agile enough to adapt operations to unexpected situations. You will be willing to lead by example, going down to the ground to understand issues, even working late nights to ensure operations run smoothly.
You will also have to communicate frequently with various internal stakeholders, aligning on expectations and team focus, including negotiating directly for rates, as well as external vendors whom you will need to negotiate directly for rates on.
As a Transport Manager, you will…
- Work directly with the Head of Warehouse and Transport to set costs and performance targets for the team
- Lead process improvement projects to achieve higher quality standards
- Develop and document SOPs for existing processes, updating them as processes are refined
- Oversee the administrative processes necessary to keep operations running, including but not limited to payroll calculation, fuel claims, financial reconciliation and contracts with drivers and third-party vendors etc.
- Build cross-functional internal relationships to communicate and achieve consensus with ease
- Provide timely updates on progress to management team
What we’re looking for…
- Min 5 years of working experience with at least one to two years of experience managing a trucking operation across Thailand
- Fluency in English and native language required
- Previously managed a team of at least 5, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use Google spreadsheets with efficiency and ease, including manipulating formulas to design spreadsheets for tracking performance