Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Transport Manager shall handle rolling cargo operations and shall be in-charge of all truck bookings nationwide. The Transport Manager shall report directly to the Head of Transport Operations.
The Transport Manager shall be based in Makati City but may schedule nationwide trips as frequently as needed.
- Keep track of vendor metrics and use performance metrics created by Head of Transport Operations for determining each vendor’s allocation (rewarding over-performing vendors, and disincentivizing under-performance).
- Oversee truck booking process and consolidate truck requests from all departments, and meet the requested amounts.
- Validate and audit truck utilization, and publish the results to the Head of Transport & finance or the audit team.
- Audits booked units by 3PL team based on performance and least cost.
- Ensure shipments in their areas have the proper scans and order of scans.
- Implement any disciplinary measures for non-compliance.
- Ensure their teams & 3PL’s are able to adhere to NVPH SOP’s.
- Conduct regular audits and surprise visits to check on the current state of our facilities and people.
- Shall maintain the truck monitoring facility developed by the Head of Transport using the different types of apps and tools to ensure real time updates.
- Shall give timely updates to management to give them an overview of the overall transport network.
- Manage the team effectively.
- Train his/her direct reports to be effective and independent.
- Training of his/her direct reports in relation to NVPH’s SOP’s and 5S practices.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the freight industry.
- Knowledgeable in analyzing data and come up with actionables based on the data.
- Can manage ground operations and implement strict policies / SOPs.
- Has business development experience and can be the main point person for NV’s business relationship with other freight providers.
- Can handle vendor negotiations and hold regular vendor performance reviews.
- Can independently develop proposals for operational systems or processes.
- Can lead a team and come up with a strategic direction, KPIs, and OKRs.
- Willing to travel.
- Willing to be assigned in Makati City.
Submit a job application