HERBL is California’s largest cannabis distributor and supply chain solutions company servicing more than 850 storefront and non-storefront retail licensees. Founded in 2016, HERBL’s team is composed of distribution and retail experts with extensive experience in large-scale global supply chains. HERBL brings the state's leading cannabis retailers and top brands together through world-class technology, unparalleled service, and high-security, state-of-the-art facilities, and trucks. Exclusive brand partners include the leaders in flower, vapes, edibles, topicals, pre-rolls, and concentrate. To learn more, visit www.HERBL.com.
The Driver Manager manages the driver workforce and real-time operations that facilitate optimization of resources to achieve safety, efficiency, customer satisfaction. Sets and manages productivity targets to meet HERBL’s annual operating plan goals.
This leader upholds behavioral standards and drives a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement through performance management, collaboration, and cooperation between campuses, among local driver teams. They are responsible for the overall caliber and fitness of the HERBL driving team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a positive work environment while overseeing activities of the driver teams to ensure compliance with HERBL policies and best practices including safety, timekeeping, record-keeping, customer service and productivity.
- Fosters a safe, cooperative, and harmonious workplace environment in alignment with HERBL cultural and company beliefs (i.e., courage, authenticity, equity, teamwork, accountability).
- Oversee team and individual performance, relying on inputs from local leaders, trainers, service evaluations and data to ensure service, productivity and safety targets are met. Communicates goals, targets and priorities to the Driver team and provides feedback, coaching and training to achieve targets. Holds team accountable to meet business and performance standards. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Conducts periodic audits of Driver records including insurance status to ensure Driver fleet is maintained in good standing with eligibility for insurance
- Works closely with cross-functional leaders within HERBL for system capability, planning and prioritization of tasks in support of business priorities. Maintains an effective working relationship with all other company employees.
- Responsible for operational updates and real time communication with Drivers to ensure seamless coordination of activities to ensure cost and customer service targets are met
- Evaluates workflow and cross-functional hand offs. Proactively Identifies problems; trouble shoots escalate issues needed; enacts contingency plans as needed; leads post-mortem analysis of problems to develop future process improvements
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Maintains open and frequent communication with Director of Transportation to promptly consult on all problems or unusual matters of significance and suggest solutions or alternate courses of action.
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of direct reports.
- Maintains qualified staff by recruiting, selecting, evaluating, and training employees.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee engagement, morale, and productivity
- Develops individuals for future advancement
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Technical capacity (HERBL systems, impeccable driving record)
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency: Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Managerial Courage
- Stress Management/ Conflict de-escalation
- Project Management
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Required Education & Experience, Travel
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, operations management, business management or equivalent
- 3-5 years previous operations management experience, including forecasting, scheduling, and real-time operations management.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (transit van or box truck).
- Must be at least 25 years of age and have a valid CA Driver’s license with a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- 1+ years of HERBL Driver or comparable industry experience
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience in the Cannabis industry preferred
- This position requires up to 50% travel between Santa Ana, Goleta and Santa Rosa, CA and can be based out of Santa Rosa, CA or Goleta, CA facilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, see and hear. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus on near and far objects. This position requires sitting in a van or at a computer for very long periods and also requires bending, crouching, and entering and exiting a vehicle. This position requires frequent lifting and moving of packages weighing up to 50 lbs. This job operates in a warehouse office environment or in a van on CA roads and highways and may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position is full-time and typical work hours occur Monday through Friday and may occur during any time of day and also occasionally outside of typical work hours including some evening and weekend work.
Benefits & Compensation
- $90-95,000 / year range DOE
Health Insurance: healthy premiums covered by HERBL for employee and dependents.
FSA & HSA with high deductible plan
- Vision & Dental
- Long Term Disability
EAP: free to employees and their household
Basic Life: $25,000 for all employees
AD+D: 100% covered by HERBL
Critical Illness: 100% covered by HERBL
401K: eligible after 90 days.
PTO: Vacation Time + Sick Time + Paid Holidays
Vacation: Year 1: 8 days, Years 2-3: 11 days, Years 4+: 15 days
Sick Pay: 5 days
Holidays: 10 paid days include:
- (5) New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- (1) Your birthday!
- (4) Floating holidays
- In 2021 Floating Holidays were expanded to recognize multiple groups within HERBL. Through these floating holidays, we will: Celebrate the proud history of Hispanic culture in California. Promote the history of Black & LGBTQIA+ people through Juneteenth and Pride Month. Recognize the patriotism of Independence Day. Honor the sacrifices of those that served in the Armed Forces for Veteran's Day.
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
We care deeply about relationships, integrity, collaboration, and are always committed to doing what is right. We honor this belief when working with our suppliers, our customers, and our team members. The HERBL team is a blend of individuals who have significant experience from many different backgrounds including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations in high-volume distribution.