-Constantly staying plugged into what's happening in all areas of entertainment: movies, TV, music, books, celebrities
-Writing 4-5 news posts per day that tap into trending or soon-to-be-trending topics in entertainment, as approved by assigning editors
-Building your own stories in our custom CMS; frequently sourcing your own photos
-Regularly pitching the R29 Entertainment editors a variety of feature stories — slideshows, essays, opinion pieces — that drive the pop culture conversation forward in a fresh way
- 2-3 years experience in entertainment journalism, preferably digital
- a passion for pop culture and entertainment, especially movies and TV
- firm belief in the distinct difference between entertainment reporting and tabloid gossip
- a familiarity with the fast pace of internet publishing
- a four-year undergraduate degree
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, please submit your résumé and cover letter, as well as two relevant writing samples.
This job has been filled or removed by Refinery29.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Trending Entertainment Writer job post.✕