Ike’s mission is to make trucks safer, truckers more valuable, and trucking more efficient. We are bringing together the world’s leading experts in transportation and robotics to transform the way the world moves and build a real commercial product at scale.
About Your Team
The Vehicle Operations team is responsible for safely guiding ours trucks down the road as they learn and adapt to the changing highway environment. You will be in the driver’s seat testing the most exciting application of automation technology on commercial vehicles.
About Your Role
Ike is looking for experienced commercial drivers that are technically savvy and eager to learn. Our robotic trucks will gather information used for autonomous vehicle development. It is imperative that we find competent, safety-minded operators that are willing to do whatever it takes to meet our mission needs.
About Your Work:
- Safely operate a Class-8 tractor for extended periods of time
- Utilize proprietary software to gather data and troubleshoot in a variety of real world situations, while simultaneously providing detailed and accurate feedback to our engineers
- Collaborate closely with our talented software and hardware engineers to advance our technologies and internal workflows, and ultimately help shape our product roadmap
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships
- Assist in developing new procedures and policies for the development of the vehicle on-road
- Availability to travel away from home for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with 3+ years experience (OTR preferred)
- Clean driving record
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Pass a criminal background and pre-employment drug check
- Willing to be enrolled in Employee Pull Notice program (EPN)
- Pass a number of training checkpoints both in and out of the vehicle
- Possess a professional attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new software applications and processes
- Troubleshoot and solve software and hardware related issues
- Have flexibility to work different shifts including mornings and nights
- Outspoken about safety
Ike is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We never discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, marital status or disability status.