Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and resilient individual with quick decision-making skills to help us make Pinterest feel safe and welcoming. You’ll help us evaluate controversial or objectionable content so Pinners learn what’s okay on Pinterest and what’s not. You'll also have the chance to impact the development of new policies as the expertise you gain in this role will be a valuable asset to our Policy team.
What you'll do:
- Review content that might be controversial or objectionable; accurately assess for compliance with our community guidelines in a timely manner
- Distill key concepts from internal policies and communicate them over email to Pinners
- Learn and implement evolving policies and guidelines
- Identify content guideline gaps and trends to help improve Pinterest policies and methods of enforcement
- Observe, analyze and communicate trends and nuances, collaborate with other Pinterest teams to make changes that help Pinners have a better experience using our platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve our processes and tools being the Subject Matter Expert
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and our Community Standards
- Analyze key metrics to improve our operational workflows
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of previous experience
- Experience with content moderation, content policy, quality review strongly preferred, but not essential
- Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias toward action in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable with viewing objectionable content and discussing difficult subjects clearly and calmly
- Willingness to learn complex policies quickly with curiosity and openness
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Ability to remain detail oriented during long periods of focus
- Project management skills and SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Second language is preferred but not required (especially Russian, Turkish, Indonesian or Japanese)