The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Perform regular safety training sessions, including safety orientations and toolbox safety talks with work crews and visitors.
- Perform regular job site inspections of all crews to identify unsafe conditions and work practices, documenting and forwarding observations to management personnel.
- Coordinate supplemental inspections when new processes, equipment, or substances are introduced or new or previously unrecognized hazards are identified.
- Help complete project safety pre-plans and job hazard analysis' with managers, supervisors, and foremen.
- Verify the implementation of corrective measures for any hazards identified.
- Participate in post accident analysis and develop and present a "lessons learned" presentation to crew and management.
- Oversee the stocking and maintenance of first aid supplies and fire extinguishers.
- Oversee the supply and stocking of personal protective equipment.
- Enforce all safety rules. Work with managers and supervisors to apply the proper company disciplinary procedures for safety rules that are violated.
- Create safety bulletins as needed to support seasonal campaigns or post incidents to increase awareness and communicate updates.
- Submit weekly status reports specifying projects completed during the week.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university or college
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Basic understanding of Engineering, Environmental, and/or Occupational Safety concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements from agencies such as CalOSHA, ANSI and NFPA.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and with little direction.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.