The Television / Video Weather Broadcaster accurately broadcasts on-camera weather forecasts and insightful information to AccuWeather’s customers, to all of the company’s platforms and partnerships.
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, graphics designers and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts.
- Using graphic tools provided, to assist in building of the weather shows to clearly tell a weather story.
- Uses creativity to tailor content and delivery based on individual client’s needs including length and delivery time.
- During each video the TV/Video Broadcaster will adhere to company standards for on-air presentation, including the impacts of the weather on video viewers, timelines for events and special emphasis on severe weather.
- The TV/Video Broadcaster must follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Assists with the operational and strategic goals of AccuWeather’s social media initiatives.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Broadcasting plus one to three years of related experience will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Superior Customer Service skills are required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights as required.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.