MediaMonks is hiring a digital UI Designer to oversee the creation of top-notch designs at our office.
Role and Responsibilities
- You'll be part of a team that is crafting amazing work for the world’s biggest brands under the guidance of a design director.
- You translate brand values, creative concepts, UX documentation and user-stories into functional design solutions.
- You go above and beyond the original brief to push what’s possible on both a creative and technical level.
- You’ll employ your problem-solving skills and full stack of design solutions to lead your team and projects from start to finish to ensure the highest quality of the delivery.
- You’ll be presenting your work to the client in person and through video calls, pitching new projects and proposals for production.
- With an articulate understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, interaction design and usability, you can improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level.
- You understand how designers work and think, but also have a feel for the politics of advertising and pitfalls of production.
- Your social skills are just as vital. Ultimately, it’s a combination of kudos and critique that makes people go the extra mile.
- You understand swimlanes in digital projects and work closely with your Project Manager and Creative team to ensure you churn out the best possible product in line with the market realities of timelines and budgets
Working at MediaMonks means you’ll be part of a young & fun, successful and fast-moving company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to creative production and the use of adjectives. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile, we’d love to meet you.
Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for the role.
- You have around 6+ years of experience, across the field of digital and web design.
- In addition to visual prowess, you have strong social and professional skills and feel confident in tackling high-end projects in tag team with our client.
- You boast a beautiful portfolio of top-of-class apps and experiences, spanning the entire spectrum of UX, UI and interaction design.
- You have experience directing all stages of the design process, from conceptualizing styles to finalizing asset deliveries.You have an articulate understanding of grid systems, white space, aspect ratios, typography and colour theory, tying all of these elements together with obsessive attention to detail.
- Your Photoshop and Figma skills are so slick, they look photoshopped; and you also know how to organize your files, layers and folders.
- Beyond aesthetic excellence, your portfolio demonstrates presentation, research, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Based on your experience and expertise, you can judge on the quality of the user experience, and explain what needs to be achieved to make it better.
- Interactive prototyping tools are a must on Figma or Adobe XD. You are flexible and agile and willing to put in the hours, time and dedication to make each project you work on a success.
- You understand frameworks and CMS components and the limitations in terms of design that come with them and can leverage those tools to your advantage as well
- You work in a time bound and professional manner communicating effectively with the team you are a part of.
Media.Monks is on a mission to create a new future for this industry. Our vision? Build everything with a belief that changing for good comes from changing who does the work. Yep, that means you. Welcome to the party—one global, cross-cultural collective with a passion for using our skills to create better and a better world. That’s how we’re able to connect the dots between data, content, digital media, and technology from everywhere we are—a true end-to-end model. Joining the Media.Monks collective means having the opportunity to create award-winning work with some of the most gifted, focused, joyful, talents from all over the world.
At Media.Monks, you’ll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to win the decade by changing the industry for good. Partner to 8 of the 10 most innovative companies in the world, Media.Monks works with established as well as up-and-coming global, regional, DTC and B2B brands, helping them own their data and build out customer ecosystems to elicit smart, efficient, high-impact engines for growth. We deliver table stakes quickly, creating cost efficiencies from day one to push up the creative effectiveness of our work with every cycle.
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a respectful and empowering work environment for all people to freely express themselves amongst colleagues who embrace diversity in all respects. Including fresh voices and unique points of view in all aspects of our business not only creates an environment where we can all grow and thrive but also increases our potential to produce work that better represents—and resonates with—the world around us.