Disqus is looking for a UI Engineer who focuses on HTML/CSS to help us build out amazing user experiences on all sorts of devices. Disqus enables millions of communities and helps people discover interesting topics and discussions as they happen. This technical position will have a key role in helping us ship and iterate on our growing suite of ads offerings.
- Translate high fidelity mockups or basic HTML/CSS prototypes from designers into fully interactive and polished end user experiences
- Collaborate on UI development across multiple, simultaneous projects using Git and code management and review tools
- Research, socialize and implement the tools and frameworks we use to take our user experiences to the next level
- Define and own the best practices for maintainable and modular HTML and CSS
- Define and own the cross-browser and cross-platform testing process
- Work with the Product and Design team to spec new product features and functionality
What We’re Looking For
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS best practices; you always stay up to date with the latest developments
- Have a good eye for design and get annoyed when things aren’t pixel perfect
- Experience with client-side HTML templating languages and CSS preprocessors
- Experience writing cross-browser compatible HTML and CSS; you understand the nuances between Chrome, Firefox, mobile Safari, etc. and have solid QA process
- Proven ability to participate in multiple, concurrent projects
- Comfortable using Git for source control and collaboration
- Familiarity with BEM & OOCSS methodologies a plus
- Excited to work and learn within a comprehensive code review culture
- Work on-site in San Francisco – this position has no remote work option
What is Disqus?
Disqus is a free service that enables great online communities. As the web’s most popular discussion system, Disqus is used by 3 million websites that cover pretty much any topic imaginable. Our magic is in connecting people to stuff worth talking about.
Who We Are
Disqus is a fast-growing team making a big impact. We’re a group of hackers and tech geeks who love the web and believe that better communities will make an even better web. We believe in amazing user experiences, well-designed code, and fast, iterative development.
We go above and beyond when it comes to thinking outside of the box to solve problems creatively. We're driven to learn and implement new technologies, and figure how to scale them to accommodate our massive scale. Are you up for the challenge of building an application that supports 50,000+ requests per second, and 4MM active concurrent connections to our realtime stream? Then join us
We love what we do, and we love the team
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has a lot of fun along the way. All full-time employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Weekly in-office yoga and massage
- Apple computers and a bountiful equipment policy
- Flexible hours, so you can be at your most productive
- Generous out-of-office time for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, babies - you name it, we celebrate it!
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, employee assistance program and flex spending accounts
- Convenient office location in SOMA near public transit (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain) and parking
- Friendly, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, ping pong, video games, and more)