Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
Our customers are at the forefront of our product strategy and we deeply believe that delivering a remarkable customer experience is synonymous with business success in the long run. This is where you come in. We are looking to hire an exceptional lead UI/UX designer to create a world-class user experience for our customers and their patrons. Our design team is at an early stage. So you get to influence the UI/UX design culture and process besides owning the design process end-to-end.
What You’ll Do
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric design thinking.
- Deeply understand business goals, distill them into design problems, and come up with elegant solutions.
- Own and drive the end-to-end process for solving UI/UX design problems: ideate, conceptualize, design, test, and refine.
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of product managers, software engineers, customer success managers, and marketers to design an intuitive and engaging user experience for Chowbotics products.
- Create user scenarios, user journey workflows, wireframes, UI designs, and interactive prototypes throughout the software product development lifecycle.
- Deliver high-fidelity design mockups and assets ready for software engineering.
What We’re Looking For
- You have 5+ years of hands-on UI/UX design experience in Web and mobile responsive design and a compelling design portfolio.
- You are creative, detail-oriented, and methodical with a passion for user-centered design.
- You are knowledgeable about contemporary design aesthetics, paradigms, and tools; fluency in Figma would be a big plus.
- You are self-motivated with a go-getter attitude who flourishes in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- You are a self-aware and humble team player who is a great partner to work with for cross-functional teams.
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
- You are able to work out of the Chowbotics India office in Pune as and when required.
Nice to Have
- Expertise in Figma.
A degree or certification in UI/UX design or HCI from a renowned design institute.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.