Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The University Recruiting team is seeking an accomplished program manager to continue to scale the early career pipelining programs offered at Airbnb. This role on the University Recruiting team will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Connect Program as well as managing the current YearUp internship program. The Connect program is a multi-month Engineering apprenticeship program for the tech organization leading to full time conversions. There is an established partnership with the TechED team to plan, assess, and execute the program. The YearUp program is a 6-month program where students are placed with several organizations with the goal to convert. They will also be responsible for envisioning, scoping, designing, and launching additional junior talent programs in the future.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has experience working cross-functionally with both technical and nontechnical partners. We’re looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about improving access to technical careers for those from underrepresented groups. This role will report to the Head of University Recruiting And Diversity Talent.
Role & Responsibilities
- Act as the program manager for the Connect program, YearUp and future junior talent programs—including scoping and intake, candidate recruiting, as well as program execution and success metrics. Depending on the program, this could also include partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure program success.
Develop strong partnerships across all levels of the organization. Collaborate and work with cross-functional stakeholders in recruiting, diversity & belonging, Airfinity groups, and business functions.
- Drive successful alignment among stakeholders and influence leadership in order to accomplish program goals.
- Assess and engage external partnerships, including with organizations and bootcamps, in order to attract and develop potential candidates.
- Recruit program participants, and act as their main recruiting point of contact during their program, ensuring an excellent candidate experience from first interview to final day of program, and beyond.
- Program manage both internal and external communication regarding programs, while aligning with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure programs are launched on time, within budget, and within the designated scope.
- Manage all documentation, processes, and project trackers related to the program.
- Develop and track success metrics, and leverage data to constantly improve subsequent program cycles.
- 5+ years of program/project management and execution in the talent acquisition space.
- A bias towards action and the creative ability to envision and execute thoughtful, personalized events and programs.
- Passionate about partnering with a variety of stakeholders and clients, including students, candidates from underrepresented groups in the technology space.
- Strong oral and written communication, with extraordinary attention to detail.
- Track record of influencing leadership.
- Ability to create and sustain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with autonomy.
- Experience working in a matrix organization with a complex set of stakeholders.