This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join our Landlord Partnerships team in New York. You'll be dedicated to unlocking the city – that means finding spaces for the thousands of great ideas coming through our platform. You’ll be searching for, meeting, and leading landlords through the on-boarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. While the role will be based in, and working primarily on, New York, you'll also be working on adding new spaces from other US cities as we expand, including LA and Miami.
- This is a Business Development role where your main responsibility will be generating, managing and closing a pipeline of prospective Landlords to sign up to Appear Here.
- Discovering the city and who owns the streets of New York is key - you'll be out and about pitching the business in person and on the phone.
- Identify opportunities to open new sources of supply - talk to everyone, attend every event, whatever it takes to get more space!
- As a key member of the team, you'll also identify opportunities to scale our current operations. We don't settle, and neither will you
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Headquartered in London, our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords and biggest names in retail. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris, and New York. We believe we’re building a game-changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 200,000+ brands and 1000's of landlords agree with us.
See life inside @appearherehq and at @team.appearhere
- Min 1 year of outbound sales experience in a target-driven environment is essential. You're not afraid to pick up the phone, make friends, and close deals
- You don't need to be an expert (yet!) but you'll know something about commercial property - this could be through past experience, an existing network, or even a side hustle
- You have endless energy and enthusiasm and love being part of a driven high performing team
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter who is smart, intuitive, focused on hitting targets and passionate about getting the deal done
- You've had experience of in-person pitching
- You're interested in brands and retail
- 2-3 years sales experience in a fast-paced team
- You're passionate about technology, startups, New York as a city, and making it better
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory
- Travel to HQ in London and to other US cities as required
- Friday lunch. Once a week our company comes together for a team lunch
- Work with different teams, across different projects
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- If you’re ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast-growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we’d love to hear from you!