TransferWise is the clever new way to move money between countries. Co-founded by Skype’s first employee and backed by some of planet's most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson and PayPal founder Peter Thiel, we're disrupting the world of international money transfer. That means flipping a gazillion dollar industry on its head and taking power away from banks and the establishment.
We’re growing at an extraordinary rate and looking for exceptional talent to jump on board. We’re currently over 600 people strong and handling many millions of pounds daily.
We’re looking for a smart analytical thinker who can help us spread the revolution where it’s needed the most. You’ll be embedded in one of our product teams, helping to make sense of all the user, visitor and product data we’re amassing at an alarming rate. It's truly a cross-functional role, with lots of diverse topics to work on and an emphasis on seeing projects all the way through to impact for our customers.
So, what’s the role?
- The role is to help us spread the revolution faster, by understanding how well we’re reaching our potential customers, what they do, what they think, and how we can make their lives better
- You’ll work side-by-side with design, product and engineering to ensure your analysis and insights translate into meaningful impact for our customers, fast
- You’ll need to build relationships with all our other product teams, using your supreme Excel and SQL skills to help them gauge and attribute the impact of their activity, and building slick reports to measure our progress
- And you’ll work closely with our specialised regional teams, to understand our customers in each market and figure out the most effective ways to show them what TransferWise has to offer
- Ability to analyse, understand and classify unstructured text using NLP or similar techniques from user surveys, social media posts etc
- Ability to calculate, estimate and forecast economic metrics (LTV, LTR, CPA etc)
What skills do I need?
- A track record in analytical thinking, with good examples of having made a real impact, proactively
- Strong SQL and Excel skills. You can unpick a large model and build small prototypes in Excel, and when it comes to SQL you’ve worked with business datasets before, understand joins and stored procedures, and write tidy code
- Have experience working with user behaviour tools and analytics packages - Google Analytics, Mixpanel/Heap/Flurry/Hotjar or similar
- Can go beyond data and qualitatively gather information from users (call/email/survey) to understand their behaviour reported in metrics, validate a new feature or research potential new features
- Excellent communication skills - you can summarise the complex, and present data visually in a way that makes people say “got it!”
- Solid commercial skills and business awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to take ownership of a project and see it through to real impact
- A self-starter who’s comfortable working autonomously
- Working knowledge of R or Python (recommended)
Apart from a competitive salary and all-expenses-paid company holidays (which are completely insane), stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a shiny new laptop of your choice and team lunches every other Thursday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our little revolution. Oh, and coffee, there’s plenty of coffee.