- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and data scientists.
- Synthesize and integrate multiple data streams, including analytics, survey data, and user research, to insights that lead to a deeper understanding of our users.
- Develop best practices and standardization across quantitative research efforts.
- Develop and track quantitative measures of user experience (goals, metrics)
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Bring complex quantitative data to life in inspiring and compelling ways, e.g. storytelling and highly visual presentations.
- Currently pursuing a PhD in social sciences (anthropology, sociology, etc.), human-computer interaction, information science, statistics, data science, or a related field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program.
- Experience conducting quantitative user research.
- Expert in survey methodology & data analysis with the ability to combine the two.
- Proficient in English.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Relevant work and project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product and design practices and applications.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Experience working in an A/B testing environment.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.