About the role
We are early builders behind everyday products like Facebook, Twitter, and Uber, and we believe Operator could become something just as big. Our product lies at the intersection of the most exciting movements in tech today—messaging, mobile, and on-demand services—and our company is backed by top investors and entrepreneurs from around the world.
As we head towards launch and beyond, we want to bring a UX Researcher onto our team to help collect user insights and drive us toward a better product. We are looking for a researcher to take the lead on answering hard questions about who our users are, how we can delight them, and what we should build to achieve Operator’s vision. Researchers must have experience in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and have worked all the way from early-stage formative research to post-release evaluations.
This position is based out of our San Francisco office.
- You have worked closely with teams to build and ship products that users love
- You understand how to ask the right questions and get data to uncover critical insights
- You are able to balance the tradeoffs between applying different methods, and can conduct ethnographic research one day and a usability study the next
- You are comfortable working on a fast time scale and work well under pressure
- You have worked with mobile products before (iOS + Android phones)
- Lead, manage, and execute UX research for Operator to help the team make data-driven decisions
- Contribute actionable research to improve designs, prioritize features, and guide the roadmap
- Conduct research across the entire product development process that varies as needed in approach, scale, scope, timeframe, and methodology (including, but not limited to, ethnographic studies, interviews, usability tests, surveys, and A/B tests)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and design
- Include the team in research activities and present findings through concise written reports and/or engaging presentations
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams based on your user insights
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid startup environment
- 3+ years of experience conducting and leading user experience research
- Experience working on native mobile products for both iOS and Android
- Excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and a strong understanding of when/how to apply them.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles, UX best practices, and heuristics
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Competitive salary which recognizes your talent, seniority and dedication
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Stocked kitchen and team lunches