Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered.
Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them. We think we’ve only scratched the surface of evolving our augmented lives - starting with sneakers and streetwear. We believe that “the street” is where the community is - and today, the street is in games. We consider our current app only “gamified.” Our next steps will lead Aglet to provide vastly deeper challenges, storylines, and exhilaration from collection, trading, and creating.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We’re looking for an Mid-Senior User Experience / User Interface Developer. As the successful candidate, you will be a central contributor to implementing the product and feature vision for our players, and trusted to design solutions that help players understand and operate our game systems. You will work closely with our lead UX Designer, and cross-disciplinary teams, to produce engaging flows and art that balance the constraints of game and design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the UX Lead in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
- Build wireframes and interactive prototypes for explorations and implementation.
- Creation of assets based on defined art styles from initial concept through to the final product.
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to design various features and gameplay systems for players.
- Recommend enhancements to existing digital experiences and assets to improve user experience of our players.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your vision, design rationale and solutions.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artefacts for the team (e.g., journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and / or prototypes)Work across the development pipeline to define a great player experience, setting a high bar for design and usability
- Works well within a team but can also work independently to solve challenges.
- An eye for detail and intent on making the best experience possible for our players.
- Ability to communicate ideas and visual languages in a clear and concise manner.A problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Comfortable handling critiques on your own work constructively, adapting to feedback from senior staff and being flexible to adopting new art styles and direction along the way.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge and passion for games: mobile games, console games, even board games.A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions especially around interactive designs.
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience in a highly Agile/scrum environment.
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, interaction designs and products preferably in the app-based gaming space.
- Proficient in design software and prototyping tools (e.g. InDesign, Adobe Suite, Figma).
- Experience in a similar role or an ecommerce business is advantageous.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
For this role, you'll find success through crafting, collaborating and building great player experiences. We will be looking at your past experience, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
You must have the appropriate Working Rights credentials.
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!