Do you love solving product usability problems? Can you champion users as well as balance business needs? Then you’re probably the perfect person to join our team and contribute to the success of Lucid Software.
Our mission is to make work better.
And we hold true to our core values of:
INNOVATION in everything we do.
PASSION & EXCELLENCE in every area.
- Providing individual EMPOWERMENT, INITIATIVE, and OWNERSHIP.
TEAMWORK over ego.
We are not able to sponsor student nor work visas for this role at this time.
- Design experiences, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued growth and success.
- Thoroughly define customer problems, clearly define design solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Develop partnership with product managers to understand business needs.
- Strengthen design team and help evangelize design within organization.
- Support engineers in translating and implementing your designs.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the product experience beyond the standard design purview.
- Basic understanding of UX design principles: usability, interface design, iconography, etc.
- Basic understanding of core design methods (sketching, wire framing, storyboarding, etc.)
- Ability to use deadlines and milestones to deliver design value within agile environment
- Sensitivity to design values at a pixel, layout, and interaction level - understanding how they come together to define an experience for our customers.
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant UX Discipline topics.
- Basic knowledge of user-research methodologies.
- Ability to develop design rationale and collaboratively work with others.
- Quickly learns from others to improve knowledge, augment skills, and adjust processes to be more effective.
- Interest in evaluating design solutions with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to design under business, technology, and strategic constraints.
- Passion for learning and a willingness to see the world through someone else’s point of view.
- Can easily thrive working in a fast-paced, start-up-type environment.
- Detail-oriented, organized and a good team player.
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas.
- Can relate to Lucid Software's products and culture.
- Is driven to meet Lucid Software’s Core Values of Innovation, Passion & Excellence, Empowerment & Initiative, and Teamwork over ego.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum environment.
- Working towards degree in visual design, human factors, user experience, psychology, computer science, software interface design, web development, or a related field.
Founded in 2010, Lucid Software is creating powerful cloud-based tools that anyone can use. Driving a new way of working, Lucid’s lineup includes Lucidchart, the popular programming application used to create compelling and attractive visual communciations, and Lucidpress, a recently launched publishing tool used to create print and digital content with ease. If you’re as passionate about innovation as we are, consider joining us here at our Salt Lake City, UT headquarters.
!!! Applications with missing requirements will not be considered
Attach your résumé.
- Include your portfolio (link or pdf)
Tell us why you belong here.