Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
To help accelerate our momentum and extend market leadership, we are looking to expand our Evangelist team. The team has a global remit to build, train and deliver content to help educate the market and internally on low-code benefits. All team members must be product specialists, skilled in the use of Mendix to deliver the art of the possible apps, presentations, and demonstrations of the core Mendix Technology.
This role requires good alignment with Sales Enablement, Sales, Marketing and RND. Features developed by our RND teams often need to be showcased in sales meetings and marketing materials, making it this team’s responsibility to design, build and train staff on these features. So, if you enjoy getting your hands on the latest technology and building compelling content that set the standard for the whole company, then this is the role for you!
- The role of UX Engineer is to be a UX/UI specialist, skilled in the use of designing Mendix art of the possible apps, presentations, and demonstrations of the core Mendix Technology. The role requires you to provide hands-on support with producing exceptional content in apps, videos and supporting material. The role may require some travel between our three offices located in the UK, Boston (USA) and Rotterdam, where you will liaise with the in-geography teams to understand their needs and how you can support them to achieve their goals. You will also be required on occasion to meet with customers and attend sales events and meetings globally.
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns, and best practices.
- Building new apps using Mendix that leverage the latest technologies.
- Interviewing with, and understanding our key personas needs to identify apps and templates to add to the core platform.
- Creating awesome demonstrations for our Sales Engineers, Account Executives, and partners, such as SAP and IBM
- Pushing the boundaries of Mendix and spreading the word on the benefits of Low Code Rapid Application Development
- Translating business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting in visually attractive, efficient, and intuitive (mobile) user applications.
- Enabling our internal teams by integrating UX in an Agile environment using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups to produce great-looking applications.
- Strong understanding of SASS, CSS3, and HTML5.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications.
- Proven work experience as a UX designer, Front End Developer or UX Engineer within an Agile environment.
- Proven experience with creating prototypes leveraging Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Proven experience with the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.
- Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design mock-ups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Demonstrated experience in designing mobile-friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Good understanding of React Native.
- Familiarity with tools like Invision and Zeplin.
- Mendix development experience is ideal.
- Proficient communication in English.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.