Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 8000 employees in 22 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every single day. Our solid reputation of trust and security is a legacy of our 180 year history.
We are now calling all UX masters who would like to join an exciting, international UX Team. We need people who can help us build the road we’re walking on. UX pioneers - people who know UX, who live and breathe it, and who want to share their knowledge across the world.
We are more than 150 UXers across Schibsted Marketplaces, and even though our members are spread across Europe and Latin America, we’re one big family. Wherever we are, whatever we’re working on, we always have each other’s backs. Together, we combine individual expertise with a broader, zoomed-out view of all the marketplaces across Schibsted, meaning our UXers on the ground have the support and resources to do what we do best: matching buyers with sellers.
UX Designer's in our global Product team drive potentially complex and creative projects that can scale. As a UX designer within the Marketplace Components team, your work will include UX strategy and UI design for global components (like User Profile, Rating and Reviews, Messaging, Notifications, etc). The mission of this team is to provide exclusive components which seamlessly integrate into the local marketplace sites and apps to help our millions of customers trade online successfully every single day.
To achieve that, we are looking for an evidence-driven UX designer to join the team. The person in this role is empowered to design scalable components which will enable the marketplaces to integrate out-of-the-box solutions and focus their efforts in solving local specific user problems.
- We are looking for a UX designer who understands how to uncover global user problems, research and analyse the problem space to design solutions through an experimentation process, continuously learning and getting constant feedback from our users.
- Reporting to the Head of UX you will work hand on hand with your product team (PM and Developers) to build a user-centered product.
- You will contribute to defining the product roadmap and priorities based on what is more relevant to the user.
- You are expected to be familiar with data oriented processes and be able to work independently with user insights.
- You’ll be fully responsible of the UX aspects of your product, we’ll give you autonomy and support coming from a team of enablers (UX Designers and UX Researchers). You will use and contribute to a Design System initiative and would require strong data visualisation skills.
- During the continuous improvement phase, you’ll challenge the team to validate their hypothesis doing different types of user research (UX labs, field trips, A/B tests)
- Solid knowledge of user research both qualitative and quantitative, to analyze and fundament your design decisions.
- Conceptualization, wireframing.
- Technical mindset to work with data scientists and web developers and ensure experimentation results are clear and actionable.
- Ability to synthesize user data and research to build user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interface mockups.
- An aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- Experienced understanding of information architecture.
- Ability to craft click-through and interactive prototypes for user testing at all stages of the user experience definition.
- Work with product and tech to optimise product adoption and efficiency.
- Driving strength of user research by identifying research needs on the team, planning, defining, conducting and reporting findings of all conducted research: interviewing, polls, guerrilla testing, user testing.
- Ability to synthesise user data and research into usable and actionable artefacts by combining quantitative & qualitative research to create recommendations for design and engineering.
- Ability to work closely with engineering, product and user research teams in order to design experiences that are technologically feasible and meet the business and user needs.
- Understand how to work lean and adapt to the product development needs and peculiarities of a project of this nature. (i.e: identify if deep research is fundamental, find the input needed in a quick and agile way, be ready to take uninformed decisions if necessary)
- Actively work to share analysis, experimentation, optimisation knowledge and expertise to promote a data and optimization oriented culture.
- Deep understanding of qualitative user research methodologies and how to run lean research to ensure user insights inform all stages of design.
- Solid knowledge of usability and user experience principles.
- Continuously analyze and optimise key customer journey routes and critical metrics.
- Enthusiastic about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Open-minded teammate with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take charge attitude to handle the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
If you would like the chance to shape UX practice on the path to a user-centric enterprise, working together with product developers, data and insights teams, and supportive leaders to create magnificent match-making user experiences, come join Schibsted Marketplaces #UXTeam