Blink Embedded is looking for a mid-level UX Designer with knowledge of user research methodologies to work on a key client account. This individual will work on complex, workflow-driven design for a large telecom client. The work is focused on mobile, desktop, and web applications and the position requires experience in all phases of software design, from discovery and workflow definition to interaction design and handoff of detailed specifications to development teams. We are looking for an individual with previous experience with the full product lifecycle from kickoff to shipping.
Please include your portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of the user-centered design process, design thinking, as well as your final design solutions.
6+ month contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Produces sketches, workflow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, design guidelines and style guides.
- Works across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements.
- Teams up with User Researchers and other Designers to maintain consistency across the digital ecosystem and solve cross-application design challenges.
- Collaborates with IT partner teams to understand and flesh out the UX requirements and technical constraints.
- Work closely with other designers on the team to adhere to standards and process.
- Lead design and execution of usability and user research studies with oversight from the lead researcher.
- Lead analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and presentation of findings in a meaningful and easy to understand manner
- Provides constructive feedback on peer designs.
- Educates on the importance of following a User-centered Design process.
- Contributes to the creation and evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns.
- Demonstrates ability to work with product and technology teams to flesh out UX/UI requirements and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate and help guide internal UX Reviews, and Cross team design and feedback process, analysis, and execution.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as an interaction or UX designer required.
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools and ability to learn new ones as projects require.
- Ability to perform research tasks including writing session guides, stakeholder and user interviews, usability moderation.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. This opportunity is with the embedded division of Blink. This division places talented candidates on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink's largest client partners.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.