As a UX designer at DPDK, you’ll have the opportunity to unleash your creative potential and bring your own insights and ideas to life. By applying your passion for ideation with the user in mind and finding creative solutions, you deliver everything from research to high fidelity wireframe prototypes. You are not a 'single-person design boutique', but someone who is passionate about applying design thinking as the foundation for great teamwork.
In collaboration with your UI counterpart, you’ll form a formidable design team, capable of taking on design briefs and turning them into exceptional results. You are an important sparring partner for clients as well as our tech teams. Your product design meets business needs, as well as customer expectations, and you guard it until it is ready to see the light of day.
- Facilitate workshops with clients to extract useful insights/facilitate design thinking
- Take in briefs and translate business goals from clients into pioneering and daring UX concepts
- Conduct user research to define problems and translate user needs into useful insights, flows, and suiting functionalities;
- Deliver strong user-centered solutions and clickable wireframe prototypes in collaboration with team members, in order to provide an intuitive and compelling user experience
- Serve as an inspiring sparring partner for team members of every discipline, unafraid to go into uncharted creative territories
- Thoroughly understand user context, abilities, and expectations, and have an unparalleled understanding of cutting edge trends and the ability to incorporate those
- Take ownership of projects to safeguard the UX concept
- Present the created work to the internal team and clients, providing compelling and convincing arguments and collecting feedback
- Dare to be critical and oversee consequences
- A proven UX design portfolio that shows user-centred design, user research, prototyping skills, and experience in workshop facilitation
- Basic knowledge of visual design and development to understand the consequences and technicalities of your creations
- 4+ years working experience in UX design with a hands-on approach to the work, preferably in a digital agency environment
- A problem solving and daring mindset
- You are a thought leader and carry this out internally as well as externally
- You have strong conceptual and communication skills and can express yourself (speaking and in writing) professionally in English and (preferably) Dutch
- Experience in coaching juniors is preferable
- You are people-oriented, stress-resistant, team player, disciplined, helpful, accurate, representative, energetic and flexible.
- Be part of a leading international digital agency from the coolest office in Rotterdam (or from home!)
- Join a highly diverse and international family of driven colleagues
- Daily lunch at the office, with healthy snacks, drinks, and lots of coffee
- Attend exclusive expertise sharing events, relaxing Friday afternoon drinks and tasty summer bbq's on the roof terrace with the best view in town, once we can all hang out in person again!
- A competitive salary with amazing working conditions: pension, 23 days off for a 40h workweek, education, and growth opportunities as well as good career perspectives
At DPDK, we are dedicated to delivering custom-made, exceptional digital design products to our clients. We lead with our values of exceptionalism, transformation, craftsmanship, drive, and sincerity. We strive to be better and new every day, and we like to challenge everyone else to do the same with our products!
Our unique team is looking forward to welcoming you as a fellow DPDKer. Please read the job description thoroughly before applying, and provide a brief cover letter describing why you would be an excellent fit for the position.