What will you work on?
As a designer at Studyportals, you will play a vital role in the visual design transformation of the largest education choice platform in the world. Throughout 2019, you will help us define a visual concept for Mastersportal, which is the most popular website of Studyportals. Once this concept is validated, you will help the development teams at Studyportals to adopt this concept and reflect it in their products. As a member of the scrum team, you will also facilitate the major UX activities of your scrum team as each scrum team is dedicated to safeguarding and enhancing a specific part of the user journey through iterations.
What do we expect from you?
- Working on defining a visual design concept for Mastersportal short after joining the team.
- Using (and challenging) design directions and brand characteristics in the design process.
- Collaborating with UX designers, product owners and marketing team in order to define Mastersportal visual concept.
- Helping Studyportals create delightful experiences for its users from all around the world via visual assets such as illustrations, media, iconography, and brand graphics.
- Helping UX designers from different teams to apply the visual design vision to their products.
Who will you work with?
In your role, you will work closely together your scrum team, UX designers, engineers, stakeholders, and product owners to achieve the best outcomes, as your work will be judged by your stakeholders and users after implementation. From the UXD team, you can expect support, objectivity, trust, appreciation and inspiration. We encourage you to involve other designers and colleagues in co-creation sessions and workshops. Exposing your work early and often to the rest will allow you to achieve better results and make the development process smoother.
Studyportals is the fastest growing online education choice platform in the world and well on its way to becoming a large, market-defining organization. We help students find the study that fit them the best and provide result based student recruitment solutions for universities around the world. Our mission is to make education choice transparent globally. In 2018, nearly 36 million students used our websites to find the perfect study programme. We offer international marketing and recruitment solutions used by more than 3,000 participating universities in 114 countries.
Our engineering department consists of 6 scrum teams, DevOps and Big Data. UX team is distributed among all the scrum teams and also functions as the team on its own focusing on the common design workflow, visual style, user journey, user research and Studyportals design system. We expect to learn a lot from you about the visual design and are super excited to bring Studyportals style to the next level!
- Having at least 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with a variety of methods (e.g., workshops) to come up with visual design concepts.
- All-round visual design skills supported by an ambitious, positive, flexible, and collaborative mindset.
- Solid understanding of user-centred (web) design principles.
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- You are comfortable speaking in English on a day-to-day basis.
- Familiarity with design systems (experience is even better).
- Withdrawing, as much as possible, subjective judgement about aesthetics, people and situations.
- Promoting consistency and thinking in design systems instead of details.
- Making decisions backed by data from user testing and/or relevant metrics, thereby reducing avoidable development rework.
- Ability to separate urgent from important.
- Understanding of user research methods (survey, semi-structured interview, A/B testing etc.) and ability to conduct the user study.
- Experience working in an Agile-environment (optionally using the Scrum-framework).
- Ambitious design and product team ready to collaborate with you
- Know-how on design systems (visit our style guide) and branding (apply and come to our office to check our brand book out)
- A full-time position, with full-on perks.
- 25 days paid leave (with the possibility to buy/sell 5 days).
- Competitive salary, including an excellent, performance-based bonus scheme (we like to give credit where credit is due).
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- A discount for a collective insurance package with AON, covering public and private insurances, from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- Extras that make life more interesting such as a laptop of your choice, fresh fruit, coffee and tea in the office, beer Fridays etc.
- Bi-weekly hack day, during which you can freely experiment with new technologies or new projects, which you choose yourself.
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- Freedom to prototype, depending on the challenges we face.
- Design problems to solve that get your brain going, especially as we scale.
- Get on a career path, not just on another job.
- A great company environment that is serious about fun with everything we do. That includes frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, karaoke nights (it’s okay if you don’t sing) etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better. Be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes away from the airport.
Get to know more about who we are via our social media channels:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/studyportals and www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers
Studyportals is committed to safeguarding your privacy and protecting your personal data. For information on how we process the personal data included in your application please see our Privacy Notice for Applicants.