Spotify is looking for a full-time UX Writer to help build experiences for artists and music fans, with the goal of helping artists earn a living. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in UX writing, content strategy, and user experience and is comfortable working on consumer- and industry-facing products, in an agile environment at scale. Marketing and eCommerce experience is also relevant.
As the team responsible for making artists successful, we build user-facing products that activate artists’ fan bases and help artists earn a living. As part of our team, you’ll work closely with partners across Tech, Product, Marketing, and more to build and maintain a holistic and customer-centric experience—and infuse it with the look, feel, and sound of Spotify. As UX writers, we strive to choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across, and we love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing. We also work at a fast pace and are comfortable with frequent change and context-switching!
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product education.
- Develop product names and narratives for early-stage products.
- Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter specialist; present and rationalize your work to partners.
- Use data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Help define a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Some experience writing or editing content for web and mobile experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.