Our Autonomous Vehicle team is expanding quickly and we are looking for an experienced Operations Lead to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our team of vehicle operators and our fleet of vehicles. You'll be an essential voice in refining and implementing our operational processes, with safety at the core of everything we do. You will be an integral part of a fast-paced team, helping to advance our cutting-edge technologies. With your guidance, we will be able to safely and effectively capture valuable in-vehicle testing data to support our engineering team.
You are expected to keep all project details confidential. A clean driving history is required.
- You will collaborate closely with our talented software and hardware engineers to advance our technologies and internal workflows, and ultimately help shape our product roadmap.
- You will assist with training new vehicle operators and provide guidance/support for operators out in the field.
- Although you may not be regularly conducting in-vehicle testing activities, you must be comfortable jumping in vehicles when necessary, for up to 6-8 hours in a day.
- You are flexible to work nights and weekends
- Autonomous Vehicle Operator: 1+ years of experience, ideally 2 or more
- Driving: 5+ years of driving with 3 years of clean record
Required License or Certification: California Driver's License
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications and Skills
- You demonstrate 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role (shift lead, dispatcher, instructor, etc.), or have the potential to become one.
- You have previous experience as an excellent individual test operator.
- You have prior experience with fleet management (vehicle maintenance and inspections)
- You have experience working in a start-up, or are comfortable with an early-stage, ambiguous, fast-paced environment and have the mindset to thrive in one.
- You’re dependable, self-driven, and open-minded, with a strong sense of ownership and personal initiative
- You are a great collaborator and team player, comfortable working individually and in small groups of 2-20 people.
- You have experience with instructing or training less experienced new hires.
- You are a great and responsible driver. You have a valid U.S driver’s license with 5 years driving experience and a clean driving record for the past 2 years.
- You are flexible and willing to work different shifts including early morning, nights, and weekends.
- You have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- You must currently reside in the San Francisco Bay Area