Do you enjoy time behind the wheel? Are you passionate about bringing new technologies from prototype to production? Uber is seeking fast-learning, energetic individuals to operate its self-driving vehicles. We’re building a team of people who are safety-minded and eager to be on the forefront of an emerging industry. We’re looking for candidates who are ready to demonstrate the safety and reliability of our systems and technology. This role is about the technology and the people - candidates should be ready to interact with the public while operating our systems.
What is the Uber Advanced Technologies Group (ATG)?
Uber ATG is the R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to mapping, vehicle safety, and self-driving technologies. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
What you’ll do:
- Operate the technology in Self-Driving Ubers on a shift basis
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data for engineering team
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Uber’s self-driving technology
- Perform mapping and offline analysis of vehicle-system performance
- Occasional travel is expected and required
- Additional opportunities in more engineering and leadership intensive roles readily available for those who perform well
Skills we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated interest and technical aptitude to work with modern automotive systems
- Possess safety, testing, or maintenance experience -- all industries and backgrounds are welcome
- Talking with riders in our self-driving Ubers. This role will require excellent communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and leadership
- True love of driving and technology required; mission success is often measured in terms of hours logged in the vehicle
- At ease with use of computers, possess strong typing abilities and comfortable learning new software applications
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend shifts is expected
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to work on the development of self-driving technologies that will transform the way we move real people and things around the world
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO package.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves, and we need the smartest, hardest working people to help us do it. We look forward to reviewing your application!