Location: Domestic Road, Holbeck, Leeds, LS12 6HG
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 depending on experience plus annual bonus and benefits.
- Hours:42 Hours p/week - 08:30-17:30 - MON-FRI & every other SAT
- SAT:*Day off mid-week when working SAT’s
Cazoo is becoming one of the largest digital used car retailers in the UK and as we develop our footprint we need proven Technicians to join us and that is where you come in! We’re looking for smart, experienced and enthusiastic Vehicle Technicians, to join Cazoo Leeds at the very beginning of our journey!
We aim to make buying a car, no different to buying any other product online today. We are looking for a Vehicle Technician (Workshop Specialist) to support our service function that is in our customer collection centre to ensure the quality of vehicles are in-line with our rigorous retail standards.
This exciting opportunity will be a hands-on role preparing and repairing quality used vehicles to a high standard. You will be an experienced Technician, with good diagnosis skills, and the right mindset and cultural fit to become part of a fast-paced, customer obsessed organisation that will transform automotive retailing in the UK!
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying faulty components which require replacing and ensure underlying problems are resolved.
- Confirming rectification work is completed in alignment with the four eyes principle of QA.
- Continuously developing your knowledge of the latest repair and inspection techniques.
- Ensuring pre or post sale rectification work is quickly identified and repaired.
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs such as: brakes, suspension etc.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Always striving to achieve first time diagnosis and repair (first time fix).
- Regularly auditing inbound vehicles to minimise transporter damage.
- Working efficiently to ensure maximum productivity at all times.
- Servicing and repairing vehicles to the Cazoo retail standard.
- Complying to Health & Safety policies i.e. LOLA & COSHH.
- Stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Providing repairs to a wide variety of vehicles.
- Undertaking a full range of workshop duties.
- Carrying out Vehicle Health Checks.
- Carrying out basic diagnostics
Key Skills Required:
- Previous: Mechanic, Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, or MOT Testing experience.
- Garage management systems including VHC & Inspection Programmes.
- Minimum of 2 years exposure working in a similar role.
- Willingness to travel (Clean driving licence required).
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience.
- NVQ or City & Guilds Level 2 (or equivalent).
- Current MOT licence highly desirable.
33 Days Holiday (Inc English bank/public holidays) AND an extra day for your Birthday!
- FREE Calm app subscription (usually £74.99)
Contributory Pension (Up to 5% matched).
- Discretionary BIG Milestones BONUS!
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus!
£100 Annual Wellbeing Fund.
Critical Illness Insurance.
Company Share Options.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Health Care Scheme.
- Help to buy Car Loan.
- Optical Costs.
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.