We are currently looking for an experienced full-time vehicle technician to join our Didi autonomous driving team. In this role you will be responsible for the regular maintenance and repair of the self-driving hardware stack for our autonomous fleet. This role will work closely with our software and hardware engineers to deploy hardware adjustments and troubleshoot issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Install, troubleshoot and repair self-driving hardware components, including sensors, wiring harness, and various modules.
- Create documentation for hardware layout, installation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Build custom wiring harness and mounting hardware.
- Organize hardware inventory and vehicle shop while maintaining a clean workspace.
- Perform regular OEM Maintenance on both Foreign and Domestic vehicles with safety as a top priority
- Outsource and coordinate work with external vendors
- Communicate clearly with AV Drivers and Operators while operating AV vehicles.
- Create trouble tickets for issues as they arise.
- Perform various additional duties assigned as needed.
- 3+ years of automotive related experience or 2+ years working on autonomous vehicles
- Proficiency in assembly and disassembly of vehicle system including body, exterior, interior etc.
- Knowledge of automotive CAN communication, low voltage and high voltage electrical system
- Highly skilled in wiring, soldering and making mechanical changes.
- Ability to create clear documentation (wiring layout, electrical diagram, procedure instructions etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growing and dynamic environment.
- Problem-solver and detail orientation.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Automotives, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in running scripts and working with Linux based systems.
- Experience in Electrical Vehicle industry
- Machine shop skills
- HVAC experience