We are looking for a senior operations team member to help us fill out a world-class operations team. Our goal is to ultimately set the standard for how healthy food products will be manufactured. The right person will need to have a proven track record of performing successfully in an unstructured, and fast-paced environment. The right person will need to have deep operations experience, vendor management, production planning, product management, warehouse and logistics.
• Manage one or more contract manufacturers (Co-Packers) or warehouses:
o Primary contact point for Hampton Creek.
o Co-Packer management:
• First line of support for the Co-Packers / warehouses with Hampton Creek.
• Facilitates needs of our internal teams - Culinary, R&D, QA, Partnership, etc.
• Gets ingredient samples for our culinary bench work.
• Coordinate pilot product runs for Co-Packers.
• Coordinate samples for potential customers.
• Communicate Co-Packer forecasting, planning and delivery deadlines.
o Warehouse management:
• Communicates warehouse forecasting.
• Sets warehouse availability dates.
• Work with transportation manager to arrange timely deliveries.
• Help Partnerships/Sales team with special, high priority deliveries.
• Inventory management for raw ingredients, packaging and finished goods.
o Help select vendors, develop both short and long term strategies.
• Be willing to travel 25% - 40% of the time.
• Develop cost reduction strategies without sacrificing product quality or damaging product experience for our customers.
• Manage KPIs for Co-Packers / warehousing.
• Work hand in hand with QA to implement quality standards and track results.
• "Roll up your sleeves” and all hands on deck attitude.
• Extremely detail-oriented and an effective decision-maker.
• Proven leadership – ability to have your vendor(s) / warehouse(s) organized and efficient.
• Assist in recruiting and effectively building out the team.
• Experience with Inventory Management systems.
• Experience in supply chain management and/or logistics management.
• Demonstrated experience leading projects and implementing process improvements.
• Problem-solve and prioritize the needs of our customers.
• Strong negotiation skills with vendors and suppliers.
• Thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Your colleagues use the following words to describe you: gritty, smart, possess a sense of humor, has common sense and knows how to get stuff done.
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Vendor Manager job post.