Keller Mortgage (an affiliate of Keller Williams Realty) is one of the country’s fastest growing mortgage companies in the country! We employ over 800 employees, and we are licensed to operate in 49 States (soon to be all 50). In 2019, per Scotsman Guide, we were the 47th largest Mortgage Lender in the United States, with a loan volume of over $2.9 billion. We also placed 40 of our loan officers onto Scotsman’s Guide list of Top Originators (based on volume) for 2019, which represents about 40% of our loan officers. In 2020, we closed over $5.7 billion in loans, and we are expecting even more growth in 2021. Come join the Keller Mortgage family!
- Ordering, reviewing and verifying all written Verifications of Employment (VOE) to ensure they are completed accurately with all required information. If needed, request any/all additional information required
- Ensure that VOEs are accurate, complete, and comply with both Company policies and all Underwriting requirements
- Obtain all written VOEs within 48 hours of request; follow up as needed to obtain documents prior to deadline
- Communicate clearly and effectively with loan agents and other third parties involved in the mortgage loan transaction
- Answer client questions and direct them to the appropriate personnel within the origination and/or sales team
- Deliver received documents to appropriate operations personnel according to standards and established practices
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked in accordance with the company's timeline expectations
- Ensure any necessary and critical changes which require re-disclosure have been accurately notated and checked in the loan origination system for compliance purposes
- The VOE Specialist will represent Keller Mortgage’s mission, vision and values with integrity and professionalism
- VOE Specialist will perform other duties as required
- One or more years of work experience; preferred candidates will have one or more years of Mortgage experience with an emphasis on VOE processing, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of lending regulations and procedures, as well as a working knowledge of underwriting guidelines and loan documents
- Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs; as well as a working knowledge of Federal and State guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, and HMDA
- Preferred candidates will have an advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns accurately, and calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Experience using online software systems; preferred candidates will have experience with a paperless mortgage loan origination system (e.g. Encompass)
- Proven experience prioritizing projects based upon business demands and multiple requests from various entities in a fast-paced, high-production, deadline driven environment
- Proven experience adhering to deadlines and expected delivery dates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to multi-task, and stay organized in an independent environment
- Possess a passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity
- The VOE Specialist will have proven experience with a paperless Loan Origination System; preferred candidates will have experience with Encompass
- HS Diploma or equivalent; preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (Finance/Accounting)
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Keller Mortgage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.