Are you ready to join a fast-growing, high-energy team at a well-funded venture-backed company looking to change the game of consumer finance? Do you want to be a part of new, disruptive company, a next-generation leader in financial services and a beacon of customer success? Do you love to counsel and coach people to better decisions and more successful outcomes? Do people comment that your energy and enthusiasm turn their day from bad to good? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, then joining Payoff is a low risk, high reward career move!
About the Job
Join the Member Experience Verification team and be a key part of empowering Payoff members!
- Daily mix of personal engagement with members in the Payoff loan application process, as well as analytical review of documentation provided by applicants online.
- Encourage and support members in their journey to pay off their credit cards. Make memorable impressions and have a genuine interest to see others succeed.
- Utilize excellent attention to detail to evaluate the accuracy of loan documents. Help to determine an applicant's creditworthiness and ability to repay, as well as look to identify any potential fraud.
- Calculate income and interpret complex personal documents (tax returns, W2’s, social security statements, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years of credit analyst experience.
- Two or more years of customer service experience.
- Exhibits flexibility, and has a passion for personal growth. Must be able to regularly adapt to new processes.
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy. Must be able to work efficiently without supervision.
- Extremely comfortable with computers and general aptitude for quickly learning new systems. Strong typing and written communication skills.
- Clear ability to empathize with others’ situations.
- Goal oriented and experience in high performance teams.
We’ll be stoked if you have the following:
- Naturally curious and have a genuine interest in personal finance.
- Comfort and enjoyment with a significant amount of your time spent engaging with customers via phone and email.
- Appreciate a team mentality and have a desire to contribute to our mission as a company.
At Payoff, we focus on what we do best: doing something we believe in, which will help change the world for the better! We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, eating great food, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
We’re working on big challenges in consumer financial services and need team players, innovators and leaders to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits!
- Employee medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Flexible, open vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to that kid’s basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Craft beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment