BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital sales executive with a passion and understanding to lead his/her team to build strong business growth customer relationships.
In this role you will be managing a sales team that handles some of our largest customers and prospects, specifically in the CPG, Pharma and Tech.Telco industries, as well as management responsibility for our Toronto sales office. This role reports to our Senior Vice President of Brand Strategy, East Region.
The candidate should have existing management experience or demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities. You should have a demonstrated experience in growing accounts, including a solid understanding of the internal and external nuances to achieve success. The candidate has to be well versed and experienced in digital ad sales. Since BuzzFeed creates content that is distributed across the social web, a strong capability to sell creative concepts and ideas is a plus. The candidate has to be comfortable working at high levels at clients and agencies.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program.
- Work closely with the East SVP to develop a strategy to achieve growth goals for your team and book of business.
- Manage and further develop an existing sales team that is already strong, and recruit, train, and develop additional team members.
- Develop best practices and discipline within the team, so that BuzzFeed is considered a top partner with its clients.
- Manage the sales pipeline to provide accurate planning and reporting of pacing to quarterly goals.
- Make regular, high level sales calls to have a presence in the marketplace and actively engage in the team's success.
- Work closely with our client services, creative services and video teams to ensure that BuzzFeed is meeting our clients' needs in a timely high quality manner.
- Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication within the vertical that you manage.
- Achieve or exceed goals on a regular basis.
- Manage BuzzFeed's Canadian sales team; work internally to ensure that we have the right products in market; create a strong presence for BF in Canada
- 10+ years digital sales experience, including direct management experience.
- Ability to manage salespeople at all levels and help position them for success.
- Excellent rolodex in NY region with emphasis on CPG and/or Tech/Telco.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs and marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
- Knowledge of social media ad offerings from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
- A team player that will enjoy working with other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to build this business.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.