AE Works Ltd. is seeking a dynamic, experienced senior business development professional to lead and execute our western PA region business development strategy as Vice President, Business Development.
AE Works is a proven consultant with 15 years of experience in the AEC/Building Industry for multiple local, state, and federal agencies, institutional clients along with private clients. Our strategic objective is to continue to expand our presence with existing and new clients in the western PA region.
Based out of AE Works’ headquarters (Sewickley, PA), you will develop new relationships and business to enable AE Works to grow its presence in the region. Your work will position the firm to provide planning, design, engineering, and consulting services to both existing and new clients to support their missions and better enable them to fulfill their business goals.
The position comes with a competitive salary based on years of relevant experience as well as generous perks and benefits, including medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance, generous paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k, dress-for-your-day dress code, virtual working capability and work-from-home equipment allowance.
Our top applicants will possess the following technical background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or industry (Business, Architecture, Engineering)
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in a role responsible for Sales/Business Development in the western PA region for the AEC/Building Industry is a minimum
- 15 or more years of Client Relationship Development in the western PA region within the AEC/Building industry is a minimum
- Business Development skills should include experience utilizing existing relationships and developing new client relationships that lead to work acquisition; structuring and leading Client-Engagement activities; developing and leading the execution of a Business Development plan; coordination and continuity between Client and Operations for contract/project hand-off and client maintenance; providing client-focused input on the development of qualifications packages and proposals along with leading formal and informal interviews
- Experience working with CRM software such as Sales Force, Deltek, or Sugar and other cloud-based mobile technology
- Strong listening, oral and written skills
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our culture is a must.
In the role of Vice President, Business Development, we'll count on you to:
- Strengthen the breadth and depth of the AE Works western PA network and client relationships that lead to targeted sales growth
- Work directly with the Chief Client Officer (CCO), Sales and Marketing Team, Firm Leadership, and members of the Operations Group to develop and execute business development initiatives
- Regularly review, evaluate, and assess business development opportunities based on Go, No-Go process, sales and marketing initiatives and strategies
- Participate in developing yearly sales goals and objectives with the CCO and marketing team
- Participate in annual budgetary planning process in alignment with the firm’s annual and long-terms goals and participate in regular review and monitoring activities
- Develop qualified project leads through personal contacts, firm network, events, conferences, and market analysis
- Coordinate with the marketing/proposal team in the development of qualifications packages and proposals assigned to the position.
- Attend virtual and in-person industry events, conferences, and expos on behalf of the firm including conference planning and preparation and post-conference activities
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of regular sales reports for activities and opportunities assigned to the position utilizing existing tools and CRM technology
- Perform other duties as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. EEO is the law
AE Works uses E-Verify. You have the Right to Work