Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software for mid-sized and enterprise companies. Our software enables teams to post jobs, source, interview, and hire top talent. We’ve combined ATS & CRM into a single platform, Lever Hire. Our Talent Acquisition Suite also includes tools for recruitment marketing and analytics: Lever Nurture, Lever Talent Intelligence, and Lever Data Warehouse Sync.
As the Vice President of Engineering, reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for leading a software engineering organization focused on building modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. You will be looked upon as a key member of the executive team and will work cross functionally with product management, support, and operations to define processes, responsibilities, engineering discipline, and drive organization efficiency as we grow and expand our product and service offerings.
- 10-15 years engineering experience delivering full stack, platform and web SaaS products and services; 5+ years in a senior engineering leadership capacity growing organizations and optimizing engineering processes
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex engineering teams to deliver reliably and consistently; process and deadline driven to meet business objectives
- A people builder. Demonstrated ability to instill a culture supporting team members’ career growth; constructed compelling development plans targeting individual career goals
- Demonstrated ability to scale engineering organizations, align teams, and constantly assesses talent against the needs of the roadmap
- Establishes clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner
- Cross functional empathy across the company; establishes relationships with other leaders inside and outside the organization
- Excels at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; ability to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Understands what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals for the engineering organization
- Ability to break down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Experience identifying and attracting talented individuals; brings diverse teams together to tackle complex challenges
- Thoughtful coach and is able to provide strong leadership to Lever’s engineering leaders
- Demonstrated ability to balance productivity, adaptability, quality craftsmanship, and high organizational trust.
- Provides direct feedback & performance coaching and set expectations for individual goal setting and achievement
- Demonstrated full-stack proficiency in platform development and web applications
- Grow Lever’s engineering leads into stronger partners to product management and maximize growth and customer satisfaction from the value we are adding to Lever
- Hold team to high accountability standards ensuring the engineering organization meets deliverables and deadlines reliably; communicate progress effectively across the business and stakeholders
- Lead the team in identifying road map items for performance, scalability, and engineering velocity improvements; measure velocity and communicate performance against expectations to engineering teams
- Lead resourcing of road map and interrupt-based priorities
- Ensure decisions made within projects continually strengthen our technical foundation and ability to hire and train
- Instill operational efficiency throughout all aspects of the engineering processes such as development cycles, release processes and code reviews
- Turn Lever’s real-time, collaborative technology into a recruiting advantage; leverage our open source projects to hire and strengthen Lever’s brand
- Manage engineering capacity and costs to support Lever’s road map and financial plan
- Propose engineering headcount and budget plans for Lever’s executive planning process
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS
. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend
, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimized to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
or learn more about what Lever Engineering is up to on the Engineering Blog