Reporting to our CMO, Tanium is seeking a VP of Marketing to drive our global marketing strategy with high impact plans and tactics. You have a proven track record of success in aligning the corporate vision with high impact marketing strategies and programs. You are accustomed to a mach speed, growth atmosphere and can continuously toggle between strategist and do-er. You have a strong blend of data-driven insights and creativity. You are unstoppable in your pursuit of goals and you never win alone - you win as a team. You'll work closely with the Executive team and other leadership at Tanium to make things happen quickly, at scale and with the utmost quality.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a cohesive annual marketing plan to increase brand awareness and clearly position Tanium in the market with clear KPIs.
- Partner with the product management team to develop positioning, messaging, content and sales tools for the Tanium platform and products. Provide input on packaging, pricing and licensing models.
- Work closely with the Sales team to develop successful go-to-market plans, sales initiatives and support sales enablement.
- Drive the strategy and content creation of brand campaigns in partnership with the Demand Generation team.
- Partner with the Competitive Intelligence lead on market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports. Evaluate competitor strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies
- Define buyer personas and map customer journeys.
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team with clear goals and expectations.
- Coordinate with regional marketing leads across Europe and Asia to ensure strategic alignment and support localization
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Develop and manage the Marketing budget
- Build thought leadership and awareness to educate the market on the company's POV, tied to key industry trends.
- Partner with the head of Customer Success to drive the marketing of our customer advocacy program, create case studies, and recognize innovative customers
- Oversee the swag store as a reflection of the Tanium brand focused on swag mix and design while optimizing spend and inventory.
- Travel as needed - roughly 30%
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business or related concentration.
- 15+ years experience in marketing with a proven track record of success in developing strategy, driving revenue, marketing a platform, launching products, and managing and scaling global teams
- Technology background required, preferably in cybersecurity, IT operations or related field
- Product Marketing expertise required. Experience in positioning, messaging and go-to-market planning in complex and competitive market conditions a must
- Experience managing a range of marketing functions such as brand management, customer marketing, creative services or communications is a plus.
- Ability and credibility to be an industry thought leader. Comfortable and experienced on stage delivering keynote presentations, acting as a corporate spokesperson with media, customers, analysts and press
- Former management of large scale budgets with high growth targets required
- Able to demonstrate innovation, successfully tackling challenges in new and creative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to simply and articulate strategy, tactics and results to senior executives and a board of directors.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions. You are a leader, strategist and can roll up your sleeves and execute.
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale. We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.