Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
At Shield AI, we believe everyone can be someone great and do something meaningful. We have a strong mission-driven and values-oriented culture that empowers world-class talent to thrive. We aim to give teammates big responsibilities that make a significant impact, while contributing to a mission that has real purpose. Our values are more than just words on the website -- they reflect who we are as individuals and are embedded into every part of our culture.
As a part of the Finance team, the Corporate Controller is a proven professional that is responsible for the core operational aspects of accounting. This includes developing talent, balancing capabilities, costs and service levels, and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
The Corporate Controller collaborates with the broader organization and is one of the leaders of the Company’s accounting team which includes responsibility for the record to report cycle, close, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and analysis, and special initiative management. This position will identify and develop leading practices guidance, will drive consistency and efficiencies across the team. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization/people development, process improvement, strategic execution, ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment and communication.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the CFO.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop and improve the global close processes for a fast-paced, rapidly growing AI software company
- Establish and maintain accounting policies, leading practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage the general ledger, technical accounting & policy, consolidations, reporting and other teams
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual close efforts
- Ensure overall corporate controllership policies are aligned globally
- Oversee all accounting integration & valuation for mergers & acquisitions
- Improving internal controls to ensure SOX compliance with all processes within the controllership organization
- Work closely with financial planning & analysis team on reporting efforts and monthly accruals related to budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee audit process by external independent auditors
Who we're looking for:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- A CPA is required
- You have at least 15 years work experience in the accounting area
- You have 4+ years public accounting
- You have previous experience as a public company Corporate Controller or (Assistant Controller of large public corporation)
- You have experience related to tax
- You have experience with implementing or streamlining accounting operations using Netsuite or Deltek Costpoint, Carta, BlackLine or FloQast, Tipalti or Bill.com, etc
Preferred qualifications include:
- You have a comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- You have deep technical accounting knowledge.
- You have a comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- You have previous experience in a public company SOX environment.
- You have merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience.
- You have demonstrated proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
- You are an excellent planner, with analysis and execution skills.
- You are adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding a sense of urgency. Ability to balance multiple projects.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have outstanding ability to interact & engage with all levels of the organization.
- You thrive in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have ability to roll up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work.
- A&D company background a plus.
- You have experience successfully scaling a company to next level growth opportunities.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.