Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Vice President of Growth to join our Growth Team.
FEW REASONs WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- We got started through Y combinator and we raised our series B funding in 2021. We've partnered with Cigna, Aetna, Humana, Comcast, Microsoft, Stanford etc. Now, we're looking for a growth leader to take us to the next level.
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse group of individuals that places a high emphasis on values like compassion, integrity, and the wellness of ourselves and others.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
As a Vice President of Growth, you are responsible for developing growth strategies, client success, broker relationships, lead generation, pricing strategy, and revenue forecasting. This role reports to the CEO and leads our growth team.
As a culture add, you approach personal and professional relationships from a place of care, curiosity, and open-mindedness. You genuinely care about the well-being of others and are actively keeping inclusion & diversity top of mind.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of Meru’s growth strategy and growth playbook
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics - open up new paths to revenue.
- Provide analytics & reporting to the leadership team and the Board of Directors - develop, oversee and administer the company’s sales forecasting and financial modeling.
- Monitor and report on the revenue pipeline and leads (# of deals, close times, average value of customer, etc.), adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth - create predictability.
- Develop and improve sales tools and processes - enable sales teams to drive business growth across all customer segments and profiles.
- Maximize sales reach and efficiency
- Build and manage a sales development function - generate leads for potential health plan and employer customers.
- Build and manage a broker relations function - add new, scalable partners in a strategic way.
- Stay well-connected with customers - ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle.
- Collaborate with finance, product management, and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue growth.
- Work closely with marketing to understand campaign yields and revenue expectations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Strong sales skills and commercial acumen
- Strong skills in management & leadership of teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills - make decisions based on data
Work experience needed:
- 10+ years experience and understanding of working with health plans, employers, and brokers
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market strategies that lead to revenue growth (ex: from millions to tens of millions of dollars)
- Experience working in digital health (preferably mental health related) start ups or growth companies that have been selling to payers and employers
- Experience building and retaining high performing teams
Knowledge, education, and/or training needed:
- MBA - or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- Strong network of contacts that includes C-suite and HR executives large organizations, healthcare and senior leaders inside HR industry intermediaries
- Strong technical knowledge of Salesforce and other commercial tools
US TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE:
We believe in prioritizing our employees' health and well-being, so that they can focus on the good work of helping 10 million people recover from mental health challenges.
- Competitive base
- Generous stock options
- 100% employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance for full-time employees (50% for dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options available (HSA eligible employees will receive Meru's annual contributions of $1,500 for single enrollees and $3,000 for enrollees with dependents)
Paid Time Off:
- 15 US holidays annually
- 4 weeks vacation your first year of employment, then 5 weeks vacation thereafter
- 8 weeks of parental leave for all new parents and an additional 8 weeks for new birthing parents
- Up to 4 weeks off to grieve a family member's passing
- Birthday off
- Day of Service to participate in any activities that elevate marginalized communities
Remote Work Benefits:
- Internet & phone expense reimbursement
- $250 Onboarding Home Office stipend
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community.
Get to know us and our culture: https://www.meruhealth.com/about-us
Check out the science and research behind what we do: https://www.meruhealth.com/science
See example testimonials to get an idea of the impact our work is already having on thousands of lives: https://vimeo.com/495477106 ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8PcUkW8x_Y