Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. We are seeking a Vice President of Information Technology (IT) to support our growing workforce with secure, high quality information systems and technology. As Omada’s first IT executive, you will inherit a very small team and be tasked with defining and growing both the strategic and tactical aspects of Omada’s IT organization while working very closely with Omada’s Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and Executive leadership to address business priorities and user needs. You will also assume executive-level responsibility for Information Security at Omada, building strategic plans and managing Omada’s security program to ensure alignment with Omada’s mission, vision, and needs.
How you can make an impact:
- Information Technology
- Lead Omada’s IT planning efforts and work with the Chief Financial Officer to establish and manage the department’s budget.
- Develop, manage, and execute an IT roadmap that addresses business priorities, information security, and user needs.
- Create an IT organizational structure with an eye towards scale; recruit, manage, and mentor the IT leadership team.
- Provide desktop technology and end-user support to Omada employees, including remote and in-office workers.
- Oversee the management of Omada’s wireless infrastructure (Cisco Meraki), ensuring the stability and resiliency of the wireless infrastructure.
- In partnership with business leadership, assume an active leadership role in the architecting and implementing business systems either through SaaS vendors, on-premise vendors, or custom software development.
- Manage and oversee technology vendors and administrate SaaS services.
- Develop and meet all help desk service level agreement performance criteria.
- Define, develop, and implement metrics that report on the performance and effectiveness of the department.
- Update and oversee department’s purchasing, provisioning, access controls, and asset management protocol.
- Engage with external partners, customers, etc., for cross-system technology integration.
- Advise Omada’s Engineering team on the management of our Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Information Security
- Ensure that Omada Health complies with relevant contractual obligations, laws and regulations (including HIPAA) and is aligned to industry accepted information security standards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on conducting the annual HIPAA risk assessment, as well as the development of the subsequent gap analysis and remediation plan.
- Oversee all HIPAA-related data compliance requirements, including data security, integrity, and IT governance.
- Collaborate with Omada’s Senior Leadership team to develop strategic plans, security practices, guidelines and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information (PHI).
- Manage and reinforce Omada’s Information Security Management Program (ISMP), including all Information Security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Advise Omada Senior Leadership Team and the Omada Risk Committee on risk issues that are related to information technology and information security.
- Oversee the execution of various Omada Health information security and information technology risk assessment programs, including vendor risk management.
- Oversee the incident response program as well as the investigation of security breaches.
- Create, manage, execute, and enforce Omada’s disaster recovery policies and standards to align with continuity management objectives. Coordinate the development of business continuity plans to ensure that critical Information Security and Information Technology services are recovered in timely manner.
What you need for this role:
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar technical field.
- Prior experience defining, growing, and managing an IT organization at a high-tech or healthcare company.
- Prior experience developing and executing an I.T. financial plan.
- Technical competence across all I.T. functions; able to fill in as an individual contributor as needed.
- Experience working in a regulated industry (HIPAA, FISMA, PCI, etc).
- Experience implementing an Information Security Management framework (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, HITRUST, COBIT, CIS CSC, etc).
Bonus points for:
- Graduate degree in Information Technology or Business Administration (MBA)
- Industry involvement in digital health
- Experience as a Chief Security Officer
In turn, here’s what you’ll get from us:
- Unwavering support: Growing our IT function is a big, satisfying, and a complex challenge. You’ll be managing one of the largest part of Omada Health’s organization and we’ll be behind you all the way, ready to fill-in-the-blanks when they invariably arise. We are here to help you succeed.
- Unending commitment: We are here for the long-term. We are building a billion-dollar company; we are not looking for a short-term sale. If you’re in it to build this with us, you can count on us to deliver on our end, as well.
- Unapologetic ambition: We have a leadership team of high-achievers who want to make their mark on the world. We are looking for impact at the highest possible level, and are both intrinsically and extrinsically motivated to see this through to the best possible outcome.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.