Vice President, Private Equity
SSA & Company transforms companies to enhance business outcomes (e.g., growth, profit, capability). We uniquely drive these outcomes by combining cutting-edge digital tools and advanced analytics techniques with operations improvements. SSA & Company is part of G100 Companies, a private partnership of businesses that deliver solutions, advice, and forums on the issues that matter most to CEOs of the world’s leading companies.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to help support the growth of our firm. We seek professionals who have demonstrated high academic/professional achievement, leadership, communication skills, and have a strong interest in consulting.
From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem solving skills: Individuals at SSA have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions and communicate insights.
- Drive: SSA’s team sets ambitious goals and seeks professionals who are energetic, enjoy a fast pace environment and thrive in taking on responsibility.
If this sounds like you, SSA might be a great fit for your career.
SSA is looking for an experienced candidate (VP level) to join its Private Equity practice. This role has accountability for business development, account relationship management, and delivery of client solutions.
- Drive Business Development efforts: produce sales pitches for new business, upsell existing clients, develop proposals, lead account development planning and project prioritization
- Introduce new Private Equity relationships (deal side and Operating Partner), broaden SSA’s coverage and industry footprint, and strengthen existing firm-to-firm relationships with top tier Private Equity Firms
- Lead operational improvement strategy discussions with Board Members, PE owners, Operating Partners, CEO’s and other client executives
- Manage the assessment and implementation phases (project execution) for >$2M book of annual business
- Ensure the benefits case and value creation strategy is fulfilled on client engagements (investments, IRR, cash flow, and ROI)
- Innovation – bring new product and service ideas to broaden the reach and offerings of the firm
- Develop private equity industry points of view (POV) and account specific value creation strategies
- Mentor junior talent within client teams
- IP Development; ensure client case studies and project summaries are documented, host learning sessions to share best practices across the firm
Note: Position requires 100% overnight travel, mostly to client sites in the United States and Canada.
Prefer candidate to be New York Metro Area, San Francisco, Los Angeles based
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus, but not required.
- 10+ years business experience, with a minimum of 6+ years in consulting.
- Strong demonstrable track record of initiating, cultivating, and developing sales of consulting work to Private Equity backed companies and sponsors
- Strong existing commercial relationships with Private Equity buyers of advisory work
- Ability to quickly understand a PE client’s issues and identify SSA’s value proposition
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Experienced in managing executive client relations (board members, CEO and executive team)
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills; the ability to draw conclusions from sets of data; the ability to identify and quantify performance gaps in the client’s operations
- Work collaboratively with and provide on-going communication to other team members
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint