GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
GumGum offers a full suite of pioneering future-proof solutions. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance. According to a Dentsu independent study, our contextual intelligence technology is 69% more accurate than our competitors.
GumGum has an extensive suite of high impact and standard display products and is launching Over-The-Top (OTT) and Connected TV (CTV) solutions. We are experiencing double digit growth and believe that we can be a $1BN company in the next 2 to 3 years.
We are seeking a seasoned VP of Product. In this new role, this individual will be responsible for GumGum’s contextual ad exchange and the suite of media products it supports. Reporting to the CTO Ken Weiner, the VP of Product will own the product strategy for the advertising division and will work with a variety of stakeholders that include clients, partners, department heads, and engineering leaders. Our vision is nothing short of becoming the undisputed go-to partner for contextual advertising solutions globally.
The VP Product is expected to have a deep understanding of the ad-tech industry and to anticipate market trends. This individual will partner closely with all other internal teams in order to bring new products to market.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Product Strategy Development -
- Shape and steer a strong product vision and drive product strategy
- Maintain a deep understanding of market opportunities, competitive landscape, latest technology advancements, and Advertising divisional goals in order to develop the a product roadmap aligned with GumGum’s vision
- Participate as part of the Advertising Leadership Team and advocate for product priorities by influencing peers
- Create buy-in for product vision internally and with key external partners
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch across all products/product lines
- Conduct market research, market analysis, market sizing, and customer interviews
- Partner with Product Marketing team on product roll-outs and customer feedback
- Product Management Team Leadership -
- Oversee Product Managers and lead team for collaboration and productivity; building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of Product Management team members
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting and performance management
- Ensure team members are having the best possible GumGum experience by inspiring team members and delivering meaningful feedback and coaching to the teams, evidenced by regular feedback requests, 1:1’s, quarterly reviews and recognition
- Product Operations Management -
- Manage Product P&L and budgets for team and vendors
- Own Product Pricing and Competitive Positioning
- Use data and metrics to support or guide prioritization and decision making
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that high quality standards are consistently met. Create reliable and scalable processes to ensure that the team is deploying quality end products
- GumGum Representation -
- Be an industry expert in programmatic ad tech, high-impact ad units, and contextual data
- Represent GumGum via bylines and at industry events and senior client meetings
- Demonstrate and reinforce GumGum’s Values
- Minimum BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of experience as a product leader, in an ad-tech environment with demonstrated ability to build and grow market leading product organizations
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Experience in video, OTT, CTV, and RTB highly desired
- Experience leading companies to an IPO or managing product teams for public companies
- Familiarity with a high-transaction/big data technical environment and AI technologies
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum