What is Fundera?
At Fundera we believe every small business owner deserves an equal opportunity to achieve financial success. Our mission is to economically empower entrepreneurs by building products that help them secure the best financing solutions available and partner with them to improve their credit and options over time. We are the trusted advisor business owners have always deserved.
We’re a growing company—started in February 2014—that has helped over 8,000 businesses secure more than $500,000,000 in funding. We’re looking to continue this trajectory and need great people to get there.
Who Are We Looking For?
An accomplished leader with experience managing and growing product and design teams inside high-growth technology companies and a track record of delivering high-impact products.
*This position reports to the CEO*
As the VP of Product Management, you will...
- Be responsible for managing and setting our product roadmap such that we are always prioritizing and delivering the most important projects for our customers and the company
- Develop a system to work with every functional team inside Fundera so we constantly improve the way we conceptualize, develop and ship product
- Create a culture and environment that embraces high-quality and high-velocity work where Fundera is shipping new products and features on a daily basis
- Identify, synthesize and share customer insights, industry best practices and other relevant context to bring the team to a common baseline understanding and make better decisions over time
- Manage and grow a leading NYC product and design organization
You'll need to have...
- 8+ years of product management experience: small business tools or consumer-facing marketplaces and commerce platforms is a plus
- 3+ years of direct people management experience including hiring, growing, and mentoring a product management and product design team
- Proven track record of managing a product roadmap and owning high-impact projects end-to-end
- Exceptional analytical skills and a data-driven orientation
- A customer-first mentality
- History of successfully working cross-functionally and earning the respect of leaders across the organization
- A successful track record helping build companies, not just products.
What's it like to work at Fundera?
- We want people who elevate the game—and we’re willing to pay for it. We offer competitive salaries and meaningful equity.
- We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health.
- Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but your’s at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO
- Our kitchen is full of a wide-variety of (mostly healthy) snacks to make sure you never go hungry. You can also always find coffee, seltzer, and more on tap to make sure you never go thirsty.
- We sponsor bi-monthly catered lunches and company happy hours, and other events such as trivia, yoga, and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible
- Connect with coworkers who share similar interests and join one of our many “clubs” across the company. For example, check out the Women Who Work the Foodies of Fundera. Want to start a club that doesn’t already exist? You got it.
- Our cross-team “culture committee” makes sure our team’s happiness is always top-of-mind. The group implements a new project every quarter and committee members rotate every few months.
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
- Come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators.