Video Associate, Research
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a smart, detail-oriented Video Research Associate to do in-depth research on a variety of subjects to help our Video Producers make awesome video content!
The ideal candidate will be able to research and organize information on any topic. You must be comfortable in an autonomous environment and will see an assignment through from start to finish, no matter how large or small the task. From the library to the depths of the Internet, you must be willing and able to find it all.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Must do quick, in-depth research on a variety of subjects
- Will proactively find themes that fit the BuzzFeed voice and package them to be ready for video
- Will write and shape copy for videos, as well as conduct necessary fact-checking and copy editing
- Help condense sometimes-difficult concepts into useable information for Video Producers
- 1-2 years experience researching media and doing outreach
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user - good at identifying and incorporating online trends
- An insatiable passion and curiosity for research and the world in general
- Strong writing and editorial voice to help shape concepts
- Must be a grammar nerd
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize and juggle a multitude of tasks
- A positive, curious playful disposition (no haters)
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.