We are looking for a talented and full time creative video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. The goal is to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story. Candidates must be okay with adult content and light nudity.
- Responsibilities/Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- If available, review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film or project
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with creative team from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Proven working experience in video editing (reel required)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop, Compressor, 3rd party plugins)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio (reel)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing if possible• Creative mind and storytelling skills.Ability to work under pressure with dates, timelines, and set goals.
Interested applicants should submit a reel (link or file) and resume. Thank you!