Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a member of the Video Input/Output team at fuboTV, you will work on low latency data processing systems that are placed under constant load with near real-time demands. Additionally, you will engineer elegant and reliable solutions for building on top of inconsistent cloud infrastructures that fuboTV uses to cost-effectively scale to support millions of concurrent users.
As a Senior Software Engineer on a small, dedicated team, this role also requires aptitude for removing complexity from existing architectures, performing frequent code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, and representing fuboTV and its interests with third parties and vendors.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS) or related field or equivalent as determined by a professional credentials evaluation
Software Engineers on the Video Input/Output team are expected to have the following:
- Have 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high traffic environment (ideally in a strongly-typed language)
- Experience writing scalable web applications in using modern frameworks and toolkits (e.g. Gorilla, Goose, HttpRouter, etc.)
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-computed-hosted code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Solid understanding of relational and key-value store databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, cloud SaaS NoSQL/SQL)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (using GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Participate in an on-call rotation and act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
Additionally, the Senior level role for the Video Input/Output team has some additional expectations:
- Have 6+ years of delivering production-quality software in a low-latency, high-throughput environment using a strongly-typed language
- Self-motivated and capable of driving high-complexity projects to completion
- Conduct design reviews for new and existing code
- Either have production experience working with media streaming protocols (e.g. HTTP Live Streaming) or willingness to learn
- Remain informed of industry best-practices and standards and promote their use internally to the Video Input/Output group (including HLS, SCTE, and other video-specific technologies)
- Enhance the quality of our codebases while increasing their simplicity, as well as providing mentoring to help teammates do the same
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
fuboTV Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.