BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative news junkie to lead a team developing slideshow-based video stories using footage, photos, audio, and text. The ideal candidate has a love for editing, a hunger for both breaking news and fun viral stories, and works well under pressure, including setting tight deadlines. You should be deeply immersed in every corner of the internet with a skill for finding must-read stories and finding new and fun ways to present them to an audience. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This job is full-time, based in New York, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Run a small team that flips up-to-the-second news into 30 to 60 second social-based video slideshows across our platforms.
- Identify the day's hottest and most important news and assign/create short slideshow videos to tell the story.
- Work with writers, reporters and fellow video creators across every part of BuzzFeed to source the best work
- Develop best practices and formats for social-based slideshow videos
- Invent and institute new workflows to maximize efficiency around the video process including finding new partnerships and implementing systems to better source new media
- Discover and create new recurring video formats to live on BuzzFeed, Facebook & Facebook Live, YouTube, Instagram, Vine and other platforms
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a leadership role at an established digital media organization
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- Fully versed in Adobe Premiere and how to uphold journalistic standards
- Experience creating videos with writers and journalists and/or skills in animation or After Effects a plus
- A scrappy, competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it no matter what tools you are provided with
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters, no preciousness).
- Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web videos of all types
- Organized with your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- A team-oriented leader who also works well independently
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.