At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
We are looking for a video production fellow to help us develop new videos to capture Merit’s story and vision. This fellow will own video projects from inception to final delivery working with the marketing, design, and product teams. The role will require planning, shooting, editing, and uploading video content. Ability to write scripts is a plus, as the role will require partnership with other writers.
If you are creatively minded and extremely comfortable with both the project management aspects (vendor management, scheduling, etc.) and technical aspects of video production (shooting, editing, post-production), this is the role for you.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a remote position.
- Expert storyteller who can drive Merit’s pioneering brand story and narrative arc in a way that connects with people (not users).
- Manage end-to-end video production from inception to delivery. Balance multiple projects at different stages in development at once.
- Have a point of view on video best practices that can move and delight audiences across multiple new + existing channels
- Track and report on video asset performance/trends so we can improve engagement over time.
- Act as a visual steward of our brand, ensuring that all video efforts are laddering up to a consistent strategy & brand narrative.
- Develop and evolve Merit’s brand across video assets.
- Experience in video production and editing, ideally across a wide range of content types.
- Strong communication skills, as you’ll be working with creatives, technical people, and non-technical people alike.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage/track towards deadlines.
- Bonus Points If You Have Experience With:
- Creating motion graphics
- Writing compelling video scripts
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.